Chapter 10: Saber (Rewrite)

"That should be enough for today," Leon said, as he put back his apron to the shelf. "Hey, boss! I'm going back early today, so Shindo will cover my shift!"

"Wait what!?" Shindo shouted in shock.

"That can be done," the boss didn't even hesitate as he gave a thumbs up in an agreement.

"WHAT! Not you too, boss!" Shindo said.

"Well, if that is all, I'm off!" Leon waved goodbye to them, as he left the restaurant with Shindo screaming for him to come back from behind.

Walking through the busy street, even though it was nighttime already, there were still many cars and motorcycles roaming around the street, the moon that shone through the city was beautiful nonetheless. Leon had already finished his part of the shift, so it was his senpai's turn, to take care cleaning of the kitchen

Let out a small chuckle, Leon resumed his walk back to his house, while he was on his way, he still pondered about what happened that afternoon. The man, who had given him Saber pieces, for an unknown reason that man felt familiar to him. He took out the Saber pieces and held them tightly in his hand, he could feel the surge of powerful mana coming from inside of the pieces.

While he was on his shift, his mind was clouded by the thought of that man, and why would he even give him a Saber piece in the first place? At first, Leon thought it was a trap, yet he was proven wrong after he checked and analyzed the inside of the piece, it was safe and made out of pure mana and mystery. Normally, anyone who has this thing can use it, as a mana battery if they want to.

For now, his mind was conflicted, as to whether or not he would use this Saber piece to summon him a servant, a Saber would be nice since his original servant back at the war was Saber. Whether he will summon one or not, it will be left in his selfishness, though, that only one matter left, which also had been the hot topic in his thought.

That is... To summon, who as his Saber?

Normally his final and close decision would be Mordred since she was kind of his half-sister from a different mother and era, but she scrapped that thought out of his mind, once he had gone even deeper. Rather than Mordred who was his priority servant that his aunt, wanted him to summon, due to them having the same blood.

If he had chosen to follow his heart, he would rather try to pick another hero than Mordred, after all, if there is one figure that he had taken a liking to since he was little besides his mother. That would be a famous hero from an old poem, a poem derived from Germany, that in his eyes, may be the German version of King Arthur.

He still has the poem hidden in his room, if that isn't enough, he also has a half piece of what he thought was supposed to be his helmet, which was one of his sacred treasures that would also be considered his Noble Phantasm. So with excitement filling his heart, he ran back to his house without more waste of breath or having another thought.

"Better hope, it won't be a fluke," Leon thought.

Unknown to him, he was being watched from behind.

While Leon ran back to his house, a shadowy figure that stood above the tallest building in Kuoh, that figure then let out a smile before the chase began.

"Finally found you... My dear,"

(Timeskip)

Arrived shortly for about 10 minutes of running, without the usage of enchantment, Leon wasn't exhausted as he was more excited to summon the servant he wanted for once. So without further ado, he opened the door to his house and ran quickly to his room.
Once he arrived, he opened the secret compartment on the floor, he took out a small wooden box. As he unlocked the lock of the box, he saw the old tools he used to hide from his mother, because of safety issues.