Chapter 16: What Are You Crying For (Rewrite)

The day of the wedding had come, everyone had gather today in this joyfull ceremony, every single high ranking devils from the noble house also particapate in this joyfull day. From the 4 great Maou, to the two main pure blooded families, that have their member marrying, and the rest of the pure blooded families, that would be attending this ceremony.

Everyone was happy at the result of the marrige, as they will witness upon a birth of a soon powerful devil that born from the union of Phoenix and Gremory. A devil families that was fame from their incredible regeneration, and their destructive capabilites, if both blood became an union. Then a monster will soon be born, and the underworld might as well, rise back to it former glory.

Though, not everyone was happy on this day, especially for the bride of the wedding, which was none other than the heir of the Gremory herself, Rias Gremory. The young girl, that had lost her freedom the day she was born, and she wasn't happy at the result of the Rating Game, not at all.

Currently, she is in her room, preparing herself for the wedding, with her Queen standing beside her, as her bride maids, and mental helper. For the current state of her mind, since she lost the Rating Game weeks ago, the wedding will be held much faster than the previous plan of the contract. Rias was disapointed, not by her peerage, because they manage to outperform themselves. Rather, she was disapointed by herself, as she boldly take the risk, rather than wait for her peerage to achive victory.

That was her biggest regret of her life, she overestimate herself when it came to strategy, that she did not found any sort of a way, to counter Riser own strategy. Back then, she though she could brute force her way out, by using her three most powerful members to take down the King. But she was wrong, she was to focus on taking down Riser, that she forgot, about getting flank silently from behind, and it was by Riser himself.

She was to reckless in her attempt to win, after lossing Asia which enrage Issei, she should've keep her Knight around her or even her Rook. For safety meassure when it came to getting flank, but no... She just had to send her Rook, to join both her Knight and Pawn in their charge, to take down the enemy King. Just to be fool, that Riser had abandoned his post, and decide to go down into the battle himself.

Not only that, but she kinda underestimate Riser a bit, as shs though, that with her Destruction Magic alone, she can win agaisnt the enemy King. But she was also proven wrong, as she never though, that Riser of all people, was that powerful when it came to offense and defense. As the Phoenix heir, was a monster with durability and endurance, that was beyond even her Rook.

Rias might also be sure, that Riser was numb to pain, since taking ten ball of destruction to the face, and having your entire body shred into dust. Was beyond the word pain, and only at that single time, she though that she had emerge as the victor, but she was wrong. The Phoenix family regeneration, was beyond bullshit, as it was proven in her naked eyes, that Riser manage to rise again from dust.

Just like in the legend, a Phoenix that rise again from dust, emerge even from powerful than before, and not only that, but the heir of the Phoenix. Held the ability to clone himself, from his detact bodypart, though they aren't truly in Riser full control, since they don't have any soul nor mind. But their power, was the same as the original, which was the reason why she hsd lost her duel.

"Banchou, are you ready?" Akeno asked.

"No, no I'm not, Akeno," Rias said with a sad tone.

Her lost had truly make her depress, as she had now truly lost her freedom, even with an absent Knight, she only had herself to blame for her reckless tactic. Though, even till now, Xenovia her Knight, haven't even call her nor did she inform her where did she went. The rest of her peerage, was trying to contact her through many means, but all those act was useless.