Chapter 3

"I'm not hungry," Tommy said. 

Wilbur raised an eyebrow at the younger, "Are you sure? Did you even eat anything healthy today?" 

"You were out with Tubbo the whole day," Technoblade added.

"Yeah, you know Mother Dearest will never let us starve," Tommy lied. Tubbo didn't rat him out, so that's a good thing for him.  

"Well, if you really don't feel up to it," Phil started. "I guess you can skip dinner. There's food in the pantry if you happen to feel hungry in the middle of the night."

"Alright," Tommy said, yawning. An actual yawn. The whole volunteer meeting really took a toll on him. "I'm gonna go to bed. G'night."

Tommy climbed the stairs, hearing a series of "Good nights" and "Love yous."  He settled onto his bed after getting changed into his night clothes and took a pill before hiding the bottle in a cluttered box and shoving it under his bed. 

——

When Tommy woke up, he wonders if the pill even worked. He couldn't remember much—or anything at all really—of what happened in his dream. Odd, was it supposed to work that way?

Either way, Tommy didn't pay much mind to it. He just stood up and decided to get ready for the day. He walked over to his closet to change, and surprisingly, his favorite red and white shirt was in there. He could've sworn that he'd already wore that.

He chuckled to himself. Maybe by some miracle, Wilbur decided to do his laundry. Once changed, he placed everything he needed in his bag and brought it downstairs. 

"Ummm, what's going on?" Tommy asked when he spotted his family in the living room, breakfast served on the small table and the television displaying a movie. 

"Toms! Right on time," Wilbur greeted. "C'mon, food's gonna get cold."

Tommy stared at them confused. Shouldn't they be like, yelling at each other. Not even the family fights kind of yelling, just the normal, 'Hurry up we'e fucking late for school' type of yelling. 

"You do know that it's a holiday, don't you?" Technoblade raised an eyebrow at him. 

"Of course I did!" Tommy said, silently placing his bag on the step furthest up that he could reach. 

He didn't know. He was ready to go, but he'll walk through a desert before admitting that to fucking Technoblade of all people.

"Well, what are you waiting for? C'mon, you can choose the first movie," Phil said.

"Why does he get to chose the movie?" Wilbur complained. 

"'cause he's a child," Techno said. 

"I am not a child," Tommy protested but sat beside Techno anyway. "We're watching Up," he declared. 

"Of course we are," Phil let out a playful sigh. 

Tommy frowned, scooching closer to Techno. "Did something happen?" He whispered.

The older looked down at him, "What do you mean?" He asked.

"Weren't they like fighting, yesterday?" Tommy asked.

"I don't really know either," Technoblade admitted. "I think they talked it out last night. I wasn't really involved in the conversation as I was doing the responsible thing, washing the dishes."

"Well, either way, it's kinda nice, right?" Tommy asked.

"Between yelling and watching this movie for the 900th time, I think I'd go back to yesterday," Techno joked.