Chapter 12

Techno removed his seat belt as Phil parked the car when they arrived at the hospital. He got their things out and walked inside. They were greeted by the nurse by the front desk before they headed up to the eleventh floor where Tommy's room was located at. 

It's been five days since they had found Tommy in his coma like state.

"Wilbur," Phil greeted the brunet who sat next to Tommy's bed. Wilbur only gave a grunt, grabbing his phone and left the room. 

Five days since he's fought with Wilbur. 

Ever since then, whenever Techno and Phil visit Tommy, Wilbur would leave. They'll leave as soon as Wilbur comes back. So you could imagine how much they're lacking in communication. 

"I can't tell if he's pissed at us 'cause he had a great realization after that fight, or if it's because we were supposed to leave earlier than what he wanted," Technoblade said as he and Phil sat down, next to Tommy's bed on either sides.

Phil sighed, "Both, I guess? I was hoping he'd calm down after I talked to my boss."

Five days since Phil cancelled their trip.

He told his boss that he couldn't go with the vague reasoning of 'family stuff.' Least to say, Phil's boss wasn't happy about it, but he let Phil cancel anyway. As he should. Technoblade thought. He wasn't lying when he said it was the secretary's fault they were supposed to leave earlier than intended. They mixed up the dates and by the time they realized, they couldn't reschedule again.

"I guess not," Technoblade said. 

"...I'm gonna go try to talk to him." Phil stood up.

Techno hummed, "Good luck with that. Might wanna remind Wilbur that you're in the hospital before he starts shouting."

Phil sighed and opened his mouth, but when he couldn't think of anything to say, he closed it and went on his way to find Wilbur. 

With the closing of the door, Technoblade was left alone with Tommy—an odd sentence really. How can one be alone when you're with someone else. Techno wonders briefly if that's what Wilbur and Tommy felt.

Techno shook his head and pulled his stool closer to Tommy's bed. "Hey kid," He said and as expected there was no reply. He sighed, reaching over to run his hand through Tommy's hair. 

***

Tommy feels his brother's hand running through his hair, nails scratching his scalp lightly, making him lean onto the touch. "If you're gonna make me your personal head scratcher, I expect payment in cash," Techno said.

The nine year old pouted, "You're mean," he declared.

Techno couldn't help but let out a low chuckle, "I'm mean, am I? I thought my name was Techno." He just couldn't help himself, okay?

Tommy scrunched his nose, "You're making Phil jokes now," he let out a groan. "What's taking Wilbur so long? I wanna go trick or treating already."

"I'm here, I'm here," Wilbur said as he ran down the stairs. 

Techno furrowed his eyebrows, "What are you supposed to be?"

"A revived man," Wilbur answered, "or a vampire, whichever people think of first," he shrugged. 

"I don't get why you're dressing up, 's not like you're gonna get candy. You're too old," Tommy said, "You even have the white hair!" He pointed to the few strands of hair that Wilbur had dyed white. 

"This patch of white hair is what'll win everyone over I tell you," Wilbur huffed. 

Tommy rolled his eyes as he straightened his raccoon onesie and grabbing hold of his candy sack, "C'mon! Let's go already!"