Chapter 11

When Wilbur was younger, he was an only child. He got adopted by Phil at an early age of one, so Wilbur grew up knowing Phil but no one as his dad. So naturally, the one thing he had always wanted to do was to make Phil proud of him—with Phil being the only other person in his life. 

When he turned five, he'd help around as much as he could with the farm and with the animals, as much as a five year old can, anyway. He'd sometimes even go with Phil to trade with nearby villages sometimes if he's persuasive enough.

"Come on Wil," Phil called for his now eight year old son who was still trying to—what he thinks is—bargaining with the villager.

Wilbur groaned before following his father's lead, "But dad," he whined. "We could definitely have gotten a better deal."

Phil chuckled, placing a hand on Wilbur's shoulder as he got closer, "Oh yeah? How'd you figure that?" He asked.

"Well, I read it in one of your books!" Wilbur exclaimed. Remembering all the times he would read all the books in Phil's mini library to learn more about, well, basically anything. The library had a wide range of topics and Wilbur would happily pick up book after book if that means he could possibly help out in situations like these.

"Aww mate," Phil cooed, ruffling the younger's hair, gaining a wide grin from Wilbur. "You're a smart lad, aren't 'cha," he praised as they began their trek home.

"Of course! Oh! Did you know I written a whole new verse to one of my songs!" WIlbur said, pride swelling up in his chest.

"Really? I'd love to hear it," Phil said.

And so when they got home, Wilbur busted out his guitar and sang in front of the fireplace. He got a round of applause from a chuckling Phil by the time he finished. Wilbur smiled. He wished that every night would be like this.

Unfortunately, that wasn't the case.

Phil would sometimes go out to another village hoping to trade items for more value than what the village close to them would offer. When this happens, Phil would leave Wilbur home with a babysitter for a day or two.

Wilbur was pretty used to it and didn't really have much complains as it rarely happens, maybe once every couple of months. This time though, something was different. 

Phil thanked the babysitter and handed her the payment before closing the door and sitting in the living room. "Wilbur," he greeted his son.

Wilbur, however, was not paying attention, instead he was staring at the boy stood behind Phil. "Dad, what's uhh?" Wilbur pointed at the boy. 

Phil looked back and let out a hearty chuckle, "Wilbur, this is Technoblade. Techno, this is my son, Wilbur," he introduced. "I found Techno at the village I was at and he's gonna be staying here with us from now on."

Wilbur's eyes sparkled, "So he's gonna be like a brother?" He walked past Phil and held his hand out to Techno. "Hi! I'm Wilbur. I'm eight, how old are you?" 

Techno glanced at the hand and shook it lightly before retracting his hand. "I'm also eight," Technoblade said. 

Wilbur let out a gasp, "We're like twins then!" 

"I don't think we have the same birthday," Techno pointed out. 

Turns out they didn't but since Techno's birthday came first, "You're the older twin," Wilbur declared. 

"What?" 

Needless to say, Wilbur was ecstatic to have an older brother. 

He and Techno spent the next few months getting to know each other. Techno learned that Wilbur was interested in Geography, music, and history. Wilbur learned that Techno was a great fighter and most importantly, really interested in farming—more specifically, farming potatoes.