Chapter 8

"So you're gonna leave? Just like that?" Wilbur asked, walking down the stairs. 

He had woken up with the sound of thumping downstairs. Wilbur initially thought that maybe someone just knocked something over while getting water or something, but guessing from the amount of footsteps taken, whoever was downstairs was doing more than just getting water. 

So, he decided to check it out. 

He had almost every scenario thought of, from someone trying to rob them to something ridiculous like Technoblade holding a party. What he didn't expect was to see packed luggage with both Phil and Techno going around trying to find things to be put in the bags. 

"I hope this is just another family trip that you planned last minute," Wilbur crossed his arms.

"Wilbur," Phil started, from the tone he was giving it was evident that it was not  a family trip.

"It isn't even the end of the week yet, you promised," Wilbur exclaimed, trying to keep his voice down. 

"I wasn't going anywhere, but someone called while you and Tommy were playing around in the farm and I just couldn't say no," Phil said, trying to reason with the brunet. 

Wilbur whipped his head towards his brother who was trying to make himself invisible, not wanting to get involved in another family feud, "You knew?!" Wilbur asked. 

"Look, it was the secretary's phrasing that messed this all up," Techno started, but Wilbur wasn't taking any of it. 

"Tommy literally nearly fucking drowned yesterday and you're thinking of leaving?" Wilbur exclaimed. "Do you even care that we nearly lost him?" He asked, voice cracking near the end of his sentence. 

"Wilbur!" Phil reprimanded. 

Techno scowled, "Of course I do! Just because I want to go after the things I want doesn't mean I don't care! He's fine, isn't he?" 

Wilbur scoffed, "I'd like to think that you'd like to spend more time with him after that."

"Don't act all high and mighty, Wilbur. Just because you spend more time with Tommy doesn't mean you're doing him any good," Technoblade said, eyes staring into Wilbur's.

Wilbur glared, "What do you mean by that?"

"Both of you, enough," Phil berated. "Stop weaponizing your brother."

Wilbur scoffed at the two, "Whatever. You do what you want. I did what I could, but you two just.." he let out a groan before running up the stairs and slamming his door shut.

***

"I am not getting him," Techno said from his seat at the dining table when Phil looked at him after he finished making breakfast. Their fight happened pretty early, probably around 7 am, and it was 9 am now. 

Phil sighed, "Fine. I'll set the table then get him. Can you at least wake Tommy?" 

Techno didn't give a verbal answer, but stood up from his seat and went up to Tommy's room. He knocked three times, "Tommy? You up?" 

There was no answer, like every other time he had tried waking the blond up the past week. It was really odd how much Tommy would sleep. Techno doubt he even does anything that tires the body to need that much sleep anyway. "Tommy?" He tried once again, "I'm coming in. He turned the doorknob and...found it locked. Of course. 

Techno let out a sound in between a sigh and a groan before going further down the hall. He knocked, "Look, I don't want to talk to you anymore than you want to talk to me, but it's breakfast time and Tommy's still sleeping with his door locked."