5

Caroline wrung her hands, waiting for Preston's answer. Had she waited too long? Did he no longer want her?

"Yes, yes." Preston pulled her in for a gentle hug.

"Really?"

"Of course. I was going to ask you once I had a moment alone with you. When did you want to go?" Preston held her hands.

"Georgia offered to keep Liam tonight," she answered, looking over her shoulder at Georgia and Jordan, who were not hiding their interest in the conversation.

"I'll pick you up at the inn tonight at seven." Preston pressed a kiss to her cheek.

"Do you want me to plan the date?" she asked, realizing she'd kind of put him on the spot.

"No, I have the perfect date planned. I've had it ready since I asked you out the first time," he answered with a smile gracing his lips.

"Okay good." She gave him a shy smile and let go of his hands.

"Liam, we need to get back to the inn," she called, waving her son off the play set.

"Coming, Mommy!" Liam carefully made his way off the play set and ran over to her.

"Aunt Georgia and Uncle Jordan are going to take you for the night. You and Daisy get to have a sleepover in the rental house," she explained, brushing her son's blond hair out of his face.

"Hooray!" Daisy shouted after hearing Caroline's words.

"What time should we pick him up?" Jordan asked, standing with Georgia at his side. He had his arm cradled around her. Caroline felt a pang of jealousy squeeze her heart. She missed being held like that. When Jonas had been home, he touched her every chance he got. Almost five years had gone by since she'd touched a man.

"Say six-thirty? That will give me time to get ready after he is with you," she replied, looking at her phone. It read three, meaning she had three and a half hours to pack up Liam, check in on the inn, and start a house search. She needed to move them before school began. She didn't want Liam to struggle with a new home and a new school. Already she worried he wouldn't have Daisy in his class. Would he refuse to talk to anyone if he didn't have her? There was also the issue with the military men who came to her inn. Did she believe they were actually military? Maybe she could talk with Marcus and see if any of his guys knew these two. The thoughts swirled in her head before she felt Preston's hand on her back.

"What are you worrying about?" he whispered, pulling her attention back to those around her. She noticed Daisy had taken Georgia and Jordan's attention rattling off what she wanted packed to take with her.

"Just making a list of things I need to get done." She didn't want to bring Preston into her drama just yet.

"Let me know if I can help ease your burden." Preston placed another kiss to her cheek, sending shocks through her body. Her pussy gushed and wanted more from him. Many nights she helped herself orgasm, thinking about Preston.

"Don't worry about it. I'll see you at seven." She gave him another smile and tugged Liam with her. Walking away from Preston sent butterflies in her stomach. She'd finally mustered up the courage to ask him out, and he said yes!

Throughout the afternoon Caroline went through the inn's profits and was delighted to see this month would be another excellent one for her. Continuing to put money aside, she'd have her goal of fifty thousand dollars to put down on a home for her and Liam.

"Liam, honey, pack yourself an overnight bag for tonight, please," she called when he walked past her office.

"What do I need?"