9

Caroline didn't know what she was doing. While at the concert, she'd told herself she would not sleep with Preston. Now that he'd honored her wishes of going slow, she didn't want to anymore. The kisses they shared stirred a passion in her. There would be no way she'd sleep tonight. Without hesitating, she opened the door and rushed after Preston.

"Preston!" she called. He stopped halfway down the path. Caroline threw herself into his arms, kissing him. He caught her and returned the kiss. She wrapped her arms around his neck, letting herself abandon all reason kissing Preston. Their tongues dueled, but she took control. It was her turn to get what she wanted. When she released him, Caroline took his hand and walked him into her home. Once the door shut, nerves took over.

"Want some coffee?" she asked, unable to continue the walk to her bedroom.

"Yes." Preston kept a hold of her hand when she headed into the kitchen. He only released her hand long enough for her to get out two mugs and turn on her pod coffee maker. When she put the first pod in, she turned away into Preston's arms. He kissed her again, leaning her against the counter. Caroline let him kiss her, her hands gripping his shirt. Opening her mouth, his tongue pushed in, tangling with hers. He tasted like the wine they'd drunk earlier and something else. Sweet and spicy, urging her on. The sound of coffee pouring behind her caught her attention. Slowly, Caroline pulled away from the kiss. Preston let her turn around to the coffeemaker to put in another pod before spinning her around and kissing her again. Caroline let him pull her away from the counter toward her couch. He laid her down on the couch, pressing her into the plush cushions. A small moan escaped her lips as Preston's lips moved down her throat. He found the sensitive spot where her shoulder and neck met. A jolt of electricity shot through her.

"Preston," she gasped, her fingers bunching the fabric of his shirt. He continued to kiss down her neck, across her collarbone, to the swell of her breasts exposed by the neckline of her dress. Caroline's fingers found the buttons on his shirt, slowly undoing them to expose his undershirt. She pushed the shirt off his shoulders, running her fingers along his tan, muscular arms. The tie of her dress loosened behind her neck and Preston pulled it down to reveal her strapless bra. Caroline nipped at his neck, unable to resist his tan skin. He let out a grunt, and his cock pressed between her thighs.

"Caroline, you are beautiful," he whispered, pulling her bra down to release her breasts. She'd always hated her bust, with her curves she wasn't busty. Growing up, she'd hated that her sisters got boobs, and she didn't.

"You don't have to say that." She gasped when his mouth captured one perky nipple.

"You are perfect. These breasts are amazing." Preston tugged on a nipple with his teeth, pulling a groan from her lips. She didn't mind him being a little rough with her. Pleasure coursed through her veins, making all reason slip from her mind. Her nails raked his back when he switched to her other breast.

"Preston," she moaned, arching into his mouth. Caroline pressed her hips against him, cradling his erection urging him to press into her.

Knock. Knock.

The knock at the door threw ice water on her passion. She jerked in Preston's arms.

"Ignore it," he murmured, pressing kisses up her neck to capture her lips. Caroline wrapped her arms around his neck kissing him back, trying to recapture her desire.

Knock. Knock.

"Ms. Caroline." Matthew's voice came through her door. She knew he wouldn't bother her if it wasn't important. She sighed and dropped her head onto the pillow behind her.

"Preston, I need to get that. It is Matthew." She gave him a push, and he groaned, sitting back from her. She saw the tent in his pants and felt bad. Adjusting her bra and retying the straps of her dress, Caroline went to the door.

"Yes, Matthew?" she asked, opening the door. Matthew's eyes went wide at the sight of her. She was certain her hair looked a mess.

"I am sorry to bother you, but we've had a break-in."

"Excuse me what? How can you break in when we are open at all times to check in?" she asked, leaning against the doorframe, crossing her arms.

"In the back part of the property, where the storage sheds are. One lock has been cut." Caroline huffed and nodded her understanding.

"Okay, let me change into something better to walk around the property in. Wait here." She shut the door, not giving Matthew time to object.

"I'm sorry Preston, it seems someone broke into my storage shed," Caroline explained, turning back to the sexy man sitting on her couch. His hair was disheveled from her fingers running through it.

"I heard. I'll help. I can smell who it was." He stood, buttoning his shirt.

"Okay, let me change into something easier to traipse around my property." Caroline went into her bedroom and changed into a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. She wondered who would break into her sheds. They held excess items for the inn. Most of them held the travel-size items for the bathrooms. Extra towels and sheets also were in the sheds. What if it were those two military men? The ones who wanted Jonas's things. If it was them, they were going to be disappointed. All of Jonas's items were locked away in one of the local storage places. Her parents came out a few months after they had given her the news about Jonas's death to help her pack away all his things. She moved them with her when she came to Virginia but hasn't gone through any of it. Even when Jonas was home, he kept his things hidden away from her. She thought it was part of his PTSD and didn't want anyone looking at it. To respect him, she hadn't looked through it when he died. Maybe she should have gone through the information so she could tell the men about Jonas left her nothing important.

"Let's go," she said, coming out of her bedroom and leading the way out. Preston followed, snagging her hand. She let him hold it. He brought her comfort.

"Matthew, go back to the front. I don't want our guests to suspect anything," Caroline ordered, and he nodded, then turned and went back into the inn.

"Where are the sheds?" Preston asked once Matthew closed the back door.

"At the back of the property. I didn't want them to stick out when people walked out to access the trails into the park." She pointed down a hill.

"Okay, let's go." He led her through the dark. Caroline loved where the inn was. No street lights lit up the place. The inn was set far enough back from the road people could easily see the stars. The downside to it meant she was walking blindly.

"I can see in the dark," Preston shared with her as he walked down the lawn to the back of the property.

"Right, tiger. Cats see well in the dark." She smiled and let Preston take charge.

Don't forget to let me know what you think!