24

Caroline took a deep breath and opened the door to her cottage. Liam sat on the couch, his face buried in his tablet. Jordan sat with him, Georgia and Daisy sitting at the kitchen counter playing a card game. The scene they made brought a smile to her face. She loved how comfortable Georgia and her family felt waiting in her home. Would they feel the same when she and Liam moved in with Preston?

"Sorry, we are late. We made a pit stop after bowling," she said, leaning down to kiss Liam's head.

"Where did you go?" Liam asked, looking up from his tablet.

"We stopped at the storage unit and went through daddy's things. We were looking for something that someone asked me for," she said, trying to remember where she put the letters before she and Preston had mind-blowing sex.

"Okay, what's for dinner? I am hungry." Caroline chuckled and looked at her sister.

"Do you all want to stay for dinner? I can order tacos." Georgia and Jordan exchanged a look and Georgia nodded.

"Sure, we'd love to stay. Not cooking sounds wonderful after being at the theme park all day."

"How are you feeling?" Preston asked, coming up to wrap an arm around Caroline's waist.

"Good, I am finally out of my first trimester," Georgia answered, rubbing her stomach. Caroline remembered what it felt like to carry Liam. It was magical, stressful, disgusting, and scary, but she wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. She and Preston hadn't used a condom earlier. Could she become pregnant after their first time? Doing the mental math, she shook her head. Her period was due to start in a couple of days. Not this time around, but the chance of pregnancy is something that didn't bother her. She liked the idea of having Preston's baby. Liam would be an amazing older brother.

"Are you finding out if it is a boy or girl?" Caroline asked, pulling the taco place up on her phone to make an order for delivery.

"Not sure yet. I want to know, but Jordan doesn't. He wants it to be a surprise." Georgia shot a look at Jordan, who laughed. Caroline chuckled and counted heads before placing her order for a family set of tacos.

"You could always find out and not tell Jordan," Preston suggested as he dropped onto the couch next to Liam. Liam turned his tablet so Preston could watch. Caroline smiled. Maybe Liam would be more comfortable with their transition into a family.

"True, you can keep all the baby stuff here that would give the gender away," Caroline added, going into the kitchen to get water. "Does anyone want a drink?"

"Water please," Georgia answered.

"Same," Preston and Jordan replied. She smiled and got bottles of water for everyone before sitting down in the last chair available.

"Congratulations," Jordan murmured for her ears only. She gave him a confused look, and he sniffed at her. Then it clicked: Jordan could sell their mating. Caroline smiled and shrugged, flicking her eyes to where Liam and Preston sat. Jordan nodded his understanding. They needed to talk with Liam about this change.

"Tacos are ordered. How was the park?" she asked, sipping her water.

"It was amazing! Liam and I went on all the rides, he even went on a rollercoaster!" Daisy bounced over to her, hopping in her lap without asking, wrapping her arms around Caroline's neck. Caroline laughed and wrapped her up in a tight hug.

"Did you try anything new?"

"I didn't like the rollercoaster," Liam piped up, not looking up from his tablet.

"Why not?" Preston asked, gently pushing the tablet out of his face so Liam would join the surrounding conversation. Caroline winked, appreciating Preston helping Liam be a part of the group. Sometimes, he preferred to ignore everyone. She knew Liam needed quiet time, she too thrived on alone time. The hour she is awake before Liam, she used to read and sit with a cup of tea or coffee.

"It went too fast, and hurt my stomach," Liam answered, putting the tablet next to him.

"I used to be that way until I got older," Preston answered, patting Liam on the arm.

"You did?" Liam's eyes widened, putting his full attention on Preston.

"Yes, it took until I was bigger to be okay going on them. I am still not a fan and much rather ride the more sedate rides, but I'll go on one." Preston patted Liam on the leg and Caroline watched the two bond. Liam had men in his life who loved him, she had a mate, and there was no reason to postpone the move. After Jordan, Georgia, and Daisy went home, she'd talk with Liam about moving into a house with Preston.

Dinner was a delight of comparing the best taco combination and declaring Jordan the winner with a combination of guacamole, cheese, sour cream, lettuce, and Pico de Gallo. Once everyone went home, Preston and Caroline cleaned up with the help of Liam, running around collecting all the cups and silverware.

"I'm going to talk with Liam about us moving in together. He loves you. When you told him about your fear of rollercoasters, you made him feel better about not liking them himself. Ever since you came into our lives, he has become a different child. Liam is coming out of his shell and I know with you there to help guide him he will become a wonderful young man," Caroline whispered to Preston as they stood in the kitchen cleaning up. Preston gave her a genuine look of pleasure.

"It would be an honor to help Liam grow into a young man at your side." Preston pressed a kiss to her temple.

"Mom?" Liam asked and Caroline realized he was closer than she'd expected.

"Yes, baby?" She turned to see a smile on the little boy's face.

"Are we moving in with Preston?"

"Your hearing is too good. Yes, Preston asked me if you and I wanted to move in with him." Caroline knelt to be at eye level with her son.

"Do you love him like Aunt Georgia loves Uncle Jordan?"

"Yes, and he loves us the same way." Caroline looked into Liam's eyes, watching for any sign of hesitation.

"Do you?" Liam looked up at Preston, who stood behind Caroline with his hands on her shoulders.

"Yes, I love you both."

"Then I'm okay with us moving in with Preston." Liam groaned when she pulled him in for a hug and a barrage of kisses across his face.

"Wonderful! We will work out the details tomorrow. Tonight you need to go to bed." Liam groaned louder this time, rolling his eyes.

"Come on, I'll help," Preston offered, scooping Liam up and carrying him to the back rooms over his shoulder. Caroline laughed and followed behind, excited to see what life offered. All she needed to do was to get rid of those fake soldiers and life would be grand.