7: My Life's Work

Time froze for everyone except Sarah. Sarah thought about her entire life.

She remembered when she first met Jordan. Jordan was a great friend to her this whole time. He had been there for her when she needed it most.

It only took that one laser to end all of it. Sarah worked her whole life to be a successful person when she was older, for her future family's sake.

She hoped that it would come, but that one laser.

She never thought that this was how she'd die. At the hands of Superman, the one who promised to protect the world, not destroy it.

At least she'd die knowing that she had brought some light into Jordan's life, fixed her relationship with her family, and had worked hard to help everyone.

She put the pieces together so that they could find Jordan. She was brave enough to go help Jordan even though it might cost her life. She was brave enough to try and help save the world when no one else wanted to. She knew that if she left then her mother, what would her mother do? Sarah closed her eyes as time unfroze.

She was ready. But then she saw a shadow jump in front of her. But it wasn't Jordan's shadow. She could see Jordan look at someone in surprise.

She looked in front of her, and it was her ex boyfriend. Lasers shot through him as Jordan jumped to push Sarah away from it.

She heard him scream in pain before he fell to the ground dead.

Her and Jordan looked at her ex boyfriend's dead body in horror. 

Then they heard faint screams.

"SARAH ARE YOU HERE??" Her mother screamed as she walked into the now lit halls.

"MOM!" Sarah yelled in relief as she jumped up and ran towards her mother.

Jordan stood up and looked for Superman, but he wasn't there anymore.

Then she saw her ex boyfriend's parents run in.

When they saw the body, they screamed in horror. Sarah ran up to them to comfort them.

"DID YOU DO THIS?" A man yelled at Jordan. "Superman did! I know it's hard to believe, but it's true!" Sarah said defending Jordan.

"I'm so sorry. He was trying to help Sarah" Jordan said.

There was sobbing everywhere. Then Morgan edge awoke.