𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖜𝖔

After we unloaded everything from the vehicles, I grabbed one of the cameras and got ready to record the intro.

All the guys lined up and I began recording.

"Today, me and the boys will be spending 24 hours deep in a coniferous forest," Jimmy spoke to the camera as Chris, Chandler, and Karl did funky dances in the background.

"This place has wolves, bears, and even more scary things."

Karl looked up, pretending to be scared.
"Isn't it dangerous to spend 24 hours in there, then?" He asked, while looking at the camera.

Jimmy shrugged, smirking. "If we come across anything dangerous we can just throw Y/N at it and run."

Obviously it was a joke, but I played along.
"You'll what?" I asked, pretending to sound offended. The boys laughed, and Jimmy approached me, then patted my shoulder.

"Just kidding. I would never."

"Good." I said.
Jimmy gave the signal to stop recording, and I did.

"Perfect." He said.

With the intro out of the way, we started heading into the forest. We'd obviously be recording bits of the trip, and we let Shane and Hazel do some of that recording. Hazel was excited after she recorded her first part.

"Do you think I did good?" She asked Tareq, who had been showing her all the tricks for good camera angles. The taller boy nodded.
"I think you did great," he said encouragingly. "The viewers will definitely not be disappointed."

Hazel beamed at the praise, and I smirked again as I watched the two walking together.
At that same moment, I heard footsteps next to me, and I expected it to be Karl.

But when I glanced over to see, I saw Shane instead. I swallowed, feeling a little bit uneasy.

"So Y/N," Shane spoke to me as we walked. "You've been on the camera crew a lot?"
I nodded, but didn't say anything. Shane nodded thoughtfully.

"I've seen you on Karl's live streams on Twitch," he said slowly. "How come you've never made an appearance on Jimmy's channel? Why didn't you join the main crew with Karl?"

I shrugged. "I guess I just didn't want to be that famous girl from MrBeast. Although the viewers know I'm a camera girl, so the ones who know me from Karl probably know me on Jimmy's videos too. If nothing else, they hear my voice."

Shane seemed about to answer, when he suddenly tripped. He fell towards me with a slight grunt, and I had no choice but to steady him with my hands.
Glancing back, I only saw smooth forest floor. There weren't even any bushes where we were walking. I couldn't imagine what could've caused Shane to trip.

He looked up into my eyes, smiling in a strange way. "Thanks," he said, straightening up. I let go of his shoulders quickly. "I might've gotten hurt if you hadn't rescued me. You're so nice."

My stomach was twisting with unease. "Uh... No problem," I said awkwardly. "Just helping a friend y'know?"

As we kept walking, I could feel Shane staring at me intently. I didn't look back, and after a moment, I decided to look for Karl. I noticed him, said, "I'm gonna check on Karl, see you!" and ran up ahead to where he was.

"Hey," he said to me with a smile. He seemed to notice that I was uneasy, and he asked, "What's wrong?"
I remembered the way he reacted to the last times I told him about Shane, and I didn't want to spoil the mood of the video, so I just shrugged.
"Nothing's wrong," I said. "Just a bit tired is all." I smiled to him to try and convince him.

He didn't seem completely convinced, but at least he didn't say anything else. We trekked on further through the forest, and managed to reach the place we'd set up camp without any more problems.

We set up a time lapse camera, and set to work building tents and a fire. As usual, Chris did most of the work, and a couple times it seemed to get to his head, but it was all in good fun.

After a while of talking and vlogging, we finally hit the hay. Karl and I obviously shared a tent, and we fell asleep together quickly.

HAZEL POV
I layed down in the sleeping bag next to Shane, feeling a sense of happiness. This first video was super exciting, and I couldn't wait to watch the final product.

"Do you think I did well?" I asked Shane. He glanced at me and shrugged.
"I guess. We won't know for sure until we see the video when it's done."

I knew he was right.
"Tareq said I was doing great," I said, feeling a tiny flutter when I mentioned my new friend's name. "I hope he's right!"

Shane gave a small sigh. "I notice you two basically talking all the time since we met the guys. I know what you're thinking."
I looked at him innocently. "What do you mean?" I asked.

"Don't play dumb with me, Hazel. I can see it in your eyes."
I thought about how much Tareq and I talked since I joined the crew, and I guessed Shane was right that I talked to him more than the others.

"But that's okay, right?" I asked. "He's my friend!"
Shane looked at me with a skeptical expression, but when he spoke, it was unrelated.

"You know that Karl and Y/N are together right?"

I nodded with a smile. "Aren't they so cute together?!" I exclaimed softly.

Shane's eyes narrowed. "No." He said gruffly, and I blinked, surprised.

"He's not right for her," my brother went on quietly. "She needs someone better."

I widened my eyes. "Shane, you can't possibly be thinking-" but he cut me off.

"Someone like me."

I shook my head. "You can't! They love each other!"

Shane looked at me with a hard glare.

"Not for long, sis. Not for long."

A/N: Aye, I broke 1000 words! Yay! XD.

Not many of y'all guessed who the subship was between but I think at this point it's pretty obvious XD.

I hope y'all enjoyed this chapter! Anticipate chapter three!

Remember to smile, because smiles are the brightest light! \ (^-^) /