𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕾𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓

Y/N POV
The next few days were spent either talking to Shane, looking for work, or crying. I still couldn't believe that I was fired from the MrBeast team over something I didn't do. It hurt. And the fact that every friend I had except for Chandler and Shane had turned against me.

Shane often came over to hangout with me, which Chandler was completely fine with. Shane and I were actually becoming very close friends. I felt bad for the way I'd judged him before, but now he seemed to be a very nice person who treated me well.

Now it was a Saturday afternoon. Shane and I were sitting on my bed, talking about old MrBeast videos.

"I really like the one where he gave Maddy 100,000 roses," Shane was saying. "It was cute."

I smiled slightly as I nodded. "Yeah that was cute."

I glanced up at him, making eye contact as he smirked slightly. "Maybe soon I'll be able to do something nice for a girl, too." He said softly. I felt my heart jolt slightly. He was right next to me, and as I looked back, he began to lean towards me.

I looked into his pale green eyes. They shone, but I couldn't pinpoint the emotion held within them. Instinctively, I leaned closer to him as well.

Karl...

I suddenly pulled away sharply, getting up and walking to the other side of the room. Shane watched me, confused.

"I'm sorry," I said, feeling my face go hot with embarrassment. "I can't yet."

He got up and approached me, placing one hand on my shoulder comfortingly. "You're still thinking about Karl, aren't you?"

I nodded sheepishly. "I can't seem to get him out of my mind. I keep thinking about what we had. His boyish charm and cute giggle-"

"Y/N!"

I looked up. "What?"

"He's not meant for you," Shane said gruffly. "You have to get over him! He cost you your job remember?"

I half shrugged, half nodded. "I know! But it's hard!"

Shane rolled his eyes at me. "It won't be when you realize how much of a jerk he is. I bet you didn't know what he did, do you?"

I looked at him skeptically. "What do you mean?"

Shane smirked slightly. "He was out with a girl. He's already over you, in so little time!"

I was shocked. "How do you know?"

"I saw him." Shane said, shrugging. "I wanted to take a picture, but I couldn't because they were coming my direction and I had to jet."

I felt my heart sink even further. How could Karl dump me over something I didn't do and then go out with another girl in just a few weeks? I swallowed the emotion that rose in my throat.

"You're right, Shane. I really do need to get over him."

HAZEL POV
I followed Karl as he was about to head to his car. We'd just finished recording a video, and I wanted to talk to him about the events that had taken place over the last month and a half.

"Karl?" I called, and he turned to look at me.

"What's up, Hazel?" He asked me.

"I just wanted to check on you... I'm sure you're not happy about everything that happened."

Karl shrugged. "I'm alright, I guess. As much as I can be, anyways."

I nodded in understanding, as Karl went on.

"I'm just surprised the fans found out about what Y/N did."

I blinked. "What? You told them."

Karl blinked, looking confused. "No I didn't. I may be angry with Y/N, but I'd never do that! I'd never cost someone their job for that."

I was confused now. I pulled out my phone, and opened the picture of Karl's Instagram story, which Y/N had showed me when we chatted after she got fired.

Karl shook his head. His eyes were alight with shock and confusion.

"Hazel, I didn't post that. That's not even Instagram. See? The story layout is from the old update. Instagram story layouts got changed in the last update. That's fake."

As he said this, I remembered that strange app that Shane had on his phone. And at that moment, everything made sense.

Y/N POV
The doorbell rang, startling me slightly as I was reading a book. I got up to answer it, and it was Shane. I smiled. "Hey." I said softly.

"Hi," he said. He smiled just slightly as he came inside, closing the door behind him.
"Upstairs?" I asked, and he nodded.

"Sure. I have something for you."

And so we headed up to the guest bedroom where Chandler let me stay, and sat down on my bed. Shane's leg leaned against mine as he sat cross-legged. He retrieved a small box from the bag he was carrying and handed it to me.

I opened the box carefully, curious as to what was inside. When I pulled the lid off the box, I saw a silver chain necklace glinting in the reflected light. On the end of it was an emerald green pendant that was slightly translucent, giving it a beautiful look.

"This is beautiful," I breathed, turning it over in my hands. "Thank you!"

Shane shrugged slightly with a smile. "I thought you'd deserve something nice after everything that's happened."

I smiled even more. "Thank you. I love it."

"Why don't you put it on?" He said to me, and I smirked.

"I have another idea. I'll put this on with something cute and come back to surprise you with it."

Shane nodded with a smirk. "Okay... That sounds good."

As I got up and headed to the bathroom, taking along a cute outfit to change into, I thought about how nice Shane really was compared to Karl. Shane seemed to actually trust me and respect me. I knew that deep down I still loved Karl, especially since I'd never cheated on him, but if he was so convinced of it, I wondered if I was right to still love him.

A/N: Ahh! I know I said I'd do a triple update again today, but I sort of struggled coming up with an idea for this. I also had to head out and didn't have much time... So it might just stick to a double update for today! Sorry! :/

Either way, I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Also, shout out to uwuminecraftreads! They leave super nice comments so I wanna give them some spot light. Go follow them. ;D

With that said, anticipate chapter eight tomorrow!

Remember to smile because smiles are the brightest light! \ (^-^) /