𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕱𝖎𝖛𝖊

(A/N: The fans have spoken, and I shall provide

(A/N: The fans have spoken, and I shall provide.)

HAZEL POV
It had been a couple weeks since Karl and Y/N presumably broke up. Ever since then, she'd been spending a lot more time with my brother. I wasn't sure about it, but I didn't ask them any questions. I was still unsure about the accusation that Y/N had cheated. She seemed too pure for such a bad act.

The other members seemed uneasy as well. A lot of them seemed to avoid Y/N, and I realized many of them believed Karl was right. Chris and Jimmy barely talked to her unless they had to, and obviously Karl stayed far away from her. It seemed only Chandler and my brother were on good terms with her. I knew it had to hurt her a lot, to have her friends turn on her.

That day after work, I approached Tareq, who seemed about to head out.

"Hey." I greeted him. He looked up and smiled when he saw me.
"Hi, Hazel." He replied, and I could hear the warmth in his voice. I felt my cheeks go red, and I broke eye contact.
"Uhm... Do you wanna go on a bit of a walk?" I asked, suddenly shy. Glancing up, I saw him nod.

"Sure. Why not?"

And so we both headed out of the studio to the field behind the huge building.

There was a light breeze that rustled the trees on the outskirts of the field, and I shivered slightly. Tareq seemed to notice. "Cold?" He asked, and I nodded.

He stopped, unzipping his creamy white sweater. He pulled it off and handed it to me. "You need it more than I do." He said.

My heart skipped a beat. I took his sweater shyly and slipped it on. It was warm, and I smiled, feeling myself blush even more.
"But won't you be cold?" I asked him. He shrugged, looking almost sheepish.

"I'll be fine." He assured me.

We kept walking, and after a few moments of silence, I spoke again.

"Tareq?"
He looked at me. "Yes?"

"What do you think about Y/N?"

He frowned slightly. "What do you mean?"

"Do you believe her or Karl?"

The taller boy was silent for a while. When he spoke, he seemed uncertain.

"I don't know. I've known both of them a while. Probably Y/N more since she's on camera crew with us,"

I nodded slowly, and he went on.

"But that photo Karl showed was such obvious proof. I don't know how anyone can argue with photo evidence."

I felt my heart sink a little. "So you believe Karl over her, don't you?"

Tareq looked at me, his brown eyes glinting in the light of the setting sun. He didn't say anything, but the look in his eyes told me all I needed to know.

"I'm sorry," he said softly, looking down and kicking a pebble in front of him.
"I know you sort of look up to her because she talked to you a lot, and she's more experienced with cameras."

I shook my head. "It's okay. That's all true, but I can't force you to have a different opinion."

Tareq actually looked a bit relieved when I said this.

"What do you think?" He asked.

I thought for a moment. "I think I believe Y/N. I don't think she'd do something like that."

Tareq nodded. "Fair enough. I guess we may never know."

I nodded as we reached the end of the field. There was a bit of a hill, and we climbed up it to watch the sunset.

I leaned against the bar fence, looking out at the houses below, and the shadows the sun cast. I could tell Tareq was looking at me, but I was too shy to look back.

"Your eyes are pretty." He said suddenly. This time, when I looked at him, he was the one blushing.
"Like, in the sun-" he said quickly, but I cut him off with a giggle.

"It's okay. Thank you." He didn't meet my gaze, but I could tell he was smiling too.

We stayed there until the last ray of sun dipped below the horizon. Then we headed back, quicker now since it was dark. We reached the parking lot, and Tareq walked me to the car I used to get there.

Shane and I lived together, yet had separate cars so that we would be able to to go wherever and not have to wait on each other.

"You want your sweater back?" I asked Tareq as we stopped beside my car. He shrugged, then shook his head.
"You can have it if you'd like."

"Are you sure?" I asked, and he nodded with a soft smile.

After a quick, and very awkward hug good-bye, I got in my car and began the drive home.

As I drove, I thought again about Karl and Y/N. After my conversation with Tareq, I knew Y/N didn't have a lot of people who believed her. I knew it would be hard to figure out the truth, but I was positive that she did not cheat on Karl. I knew she couldn't do something like that.

I'm going to figure out who told Karl that she cheated, I thought, suddenly fiercely. If it's the last thing I do.

A/N: Don't mind me giving my favourite Beast member some spotlight. 👀

Hope you enjoyed this!

Anticipate chapter six!

Remember to smile, because smiles are the brightest light! \ (^-^) /