𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕹𝖎𝖓𝖊

(A/N: Heyy!! I know it's been like, forever since my last update! On Sunday, my home WiFi broke, and we didn't get it fixed until yesterday... But I took that time to figure out what I wanted to do next with this story!!

Before that, however, I'd like to thank people for this:

100,000 reads. That's insane. When I first started that book, I expected it to just be slow and not get much notice like most of my other books... I definitely didn't expect this and I wanna thank all y'all for the support on that book, and this one. Y'all may not know it but even the comments telling me how much Shane digusts every one of you encourage me and make me smile. (I hate Shane too BTW XD)

Anyways, sentimental stuff out of the way, let's get on with this chapter huh?!)

Y/N POV
"Congratulations!"

Confetti showered down on us as Zach popped a bottle of wine, sending the cork flying.

I was at the home of Chandler's parents. Todd, Tricia, (A/N: I'm 99% sure that's Chandler's mom's name) Zach, and Chandler's sisters were all here in celebration. Chandler had recently proposed to his girl, and she'd accepted; we had to have a party to celebrate.

"I still can't believe she said yes!" Chandler said, brushing bits of confetti off his shirt.

"I think she'd have been a fool not to," I said playfully. "She's lucky."
Chandler smiled as Zach poured wine for us all. I didn't like to be drunk, so I only took a small glass.

We toasted to years of happiness for Chandler and his fiancé. Then we started looking through the photos of the two. Even through the photos, I could see the deep sense of love in Chandler's eyes.

A sudden pang of loss and sadness hit me, as I remembered Karl. I missed feeling the sense of happiness and love that Chandler had. I missed it so much, I felt emotion rise in my throat. Quietly, I excused myself from the group, and headed to the back deck.

I remembered the photos of Chandler and his fiancé, and for a moment, I imagined Karl and I instead of them. A chill breeze swept past, and I could feel the cold of the tears that pricked my eyes as I gazed out into the backyard.

A few moments passed by, and I heard soft footsteps on the wood of the deck. I turned my head to see Chandler, a look of concern in his eyes. I rapidly drew my hand over my eyes, feeling a stab of guilt.

"I'm sorry," I began. "I know I shouldn't be crying, since this is a celebration and all-"

But Chandler silenced me with a wave of his hand.
"Don't be sorry," he said gently. "I know why you're sad. I know who you're missing."

I suddenly couldn't meet his gaze, turning instead to gaze at the horizon, which was scarlet with the light of the setting sun.
"I just don't understand it!" I said despairingly. "I don't know where Karl got all his crap from! I'd never cheat on him, I swear!"