That's Not How You Play

How tf is this book at 4K now—
Idk but this means you all can get some cute stuff between Hanako and Reader.

The next chapters will be fluffy Hanako, Kou, Yashiro, and Reader time before everything goes downhill. Y'all remember what comes after that festival arc right? :)
_________________

"(Name)-san!"

As the (color)-haired artist entered the abandoned building's third floor, girl's bathroom she didn't actually expect to find Hanako within the room. His rumor included the fact he was in this part of the building so, what was she expecting..?
The black haired boy practically jumped out at her, her guard caught off nearly immediately as she got pushed back into the door by the ghost boy who was excited and happy someone came to visit him! He grabbed at (Name)'s shoulders, fingers wrenching between the lines of her clothing from the creases made by the strong grip, she was real and not just the mokke coming in again to play a mean trick! Those little cretins loved to play on his everlasting loneliness, Hanako shook her feverishly, "It's Saturday, you should be home enjoying your day off from school!" He exclaimed, stopping for a minute in consideration today could be Friday.. No, if it was Friday students would be here, so he's right!

(Name) grabbed his hands, pulling them off with a stern look, "I already almost got a concussion yesterday, could you not?" He shrunk back almost immediately at her tone, oh.
Oh..

That wasn't what she intended, her irritation from what had happened before was boiling over and she didn't want it to affect Hanako like that, it was jus scenario after scenario where things just went wrong in the worst ways possible. For her to make him down from that dosage of happy, it made her feel guilty to see his little frown, the artist scooted closer to quickly coddle him in her arms reassuringly; her lips curled to a small frown, leaning her head down to place on top of his hat, "Sorry, just not feeling hot, so I thought that-"
(Name) suddenly felt his hands on hers, already knowing where he'd try going with her statement, "I'd say you're.." Hanako words hummed out as she cringed at the way his hands snuck up her arms, almost like little spiders on her veins, with his hands on her arms he leaned onto her with a pat at her arm. It was like a weird way to make her feel a little better, his hands running up and down her arms like a little rhythmic dance, "Stressed. It must be that art stuff that makes you feel like that," Hanako clicked his tongue. It was probably that or something else, if it's something else he'd definitely help!

It's what friends are for.
After all.

However she just sort of stared back, nodding in agreement but he knew better. The way she couldn't read him, yet he could read her right back, the ghost boy flicked his finger against her forehead with a pout.
"C'mon! If it's not your art stuff, then why not just tell me what's going on?" He insisted, Hanako was always the type to never let anyone in yet he's here prodding and poking for things he wouldn't give up, the boy would always keep something to himself and it was blatantly obvious. The student's arms were wrapped around him still, though he'd arms dangled an inch away from letting go by misfortune, she brought herself closer to speak up on the topic again despite how last time.. He got upset just by her mention of 'Yugi'.

"If I tell you, do you promise to be honest with me from now on?" Her eyes locked with his amber eyes, like they were soaked in honey with a vivid shine that made her wonder if he was actually dead or alive. (Name)'s hand reached out to make little shapes on his shoulders and he could've laughed fondly, here she was in a situation where solemn truth had to be and she was fiddling around with his sleeve.
And he smiled, like he was really going to plan on being truthful, he surely wasn't going to break that promise if it meant helping her, "Of course, as long as you tell me what's going on too."