i. the echoing scream

𑁋 trigger warning

kidnapping

one ; the echoing scream

( june 2023 )

EVANGELINA MIKAELSON WATCHED from above as her family left her -- again -- in their huge home. They hadn't even glanced back at her, only focusing on the precious Hope Mikaelson, the elder twin by a second -- literally, just one second earlier, and Eva would have been older. That wasn't the only thing that made Hope better than her though, the fact that she was a tribrid, and Eva only a human. Believe her, no one was more shocked than her family when they found that little fact out. Ever since then, it was like she no longer existed. Of course, there was the odd screaming match about her grades ("Hope has all A's, why aren't you like your sister?"), distracting Hope ("Evangelina! Leave your sister alone! She needs to study!"), oh and her personal favorite, her appearance ("Evangeline, what are you wearing? You look disgusting! Hope never dressed like this!). All in all, it was just the usual bashing on how she isn't Hope.

God, sometimes she just wanted to shout, "I am not Hope!" But that wouldn't get her anywhere, most likely, just being sent to her room with a, "Think about what you've done." It was always the same thing. She isn't Hope, so she needs to be punished, makes sense, right? The last thing that her so-called "family" said to her was, "Make sure to do your homework," then they were gone. Hope followed right behind them, but not before sending her younger sister a smug smirk.

Eva didn't wait very long before running to her bedroom, stopping only for a second to hear the cars roar down the road, before slamming her window open. Expertly, she put her left foot on one of the white pipes leading down to the floor. Once she was balanced, she carefully pushed herself out the window, shut the window, and effortlessly climbed down the pipe until her feet touched the solid cement ground. As soon as she reached the floor, she took off, running away from the place that she never called "home."