viii. you're lying

eight ; you're lying

( july 2033 )

HOPE MIKAELSON WALKED down the streets New Orleans, her black high heeled boots creating a clicking noise with each step. Her long auburn hair bounced lightly, and her bright green eyes scanned down the streets as she walked. 

Hope Mikaelson had never fully recovered from what had happened ten years ago. But she was better, she was getting better. It had been ten years, she's 26 now. She has a job now, well - not necessarily a job; more like a self-made job. She doesn't get paid, good thing she can just compel herself things she needs. 

"Come on," she whispers, "where are you hiding?" Suddenly, she heard a small growl from behind her. Hope turns, a small smirk on her lips, "There you are." 

Her eyes turn into a sharp yellow, her veins popping. Her palm spread and a small light emitted from it; illuminating the creature standing in front of her. The black, furry. . . . thing stood on two feet, towering over her at like. . . three feet. God, this thing is large. 

It bared it's teeth - what the fuck? why is there so many teeth? - and growled loudly. Hope stared at the thing, briefly wondering if the plan was actually going to work or if this was Lizzie's latest attempt at murdering her. 

The creature took a step towards her, an even louder growl escaping the thing. The monster jumped at her, and Hope barley had a minute to duck before it got her. Hope rolled, tucking herself into a ball, and jumped back up onto her feet. She snarled, and softly whispered a spell. The spell wrapped itself around the thing, forcing to be still. 

"Josie, now would be a great time, please!" Hope calls, her hands outstretched towards the creature. 

"I'm working on it!" Josie Saltzman shouts back somewhere behind her. 

Hope didn't know where she was exactly, but hopefully close. This damn thing is fucking large! 

The monster bangs it's palms against the magic, a large growl leaving it.