ii. the pain of it all

𑁋 trigger warning

death, torture

two ; the pain of it all

( june 23, 2023 )

SHE COULDN'T TELL how long it had been, maybe weeks, months, hell even a year. She had no idea, and no way to tell. All she knew was pain and hunger. God, they were the worst things to ever grace this earth. A groan escaped Evangelina Mikaelson's throat as she slowly sat up, her green eyes clenched shut in pain. She hated this. She hated feeling so weak. Even as a human in a supernatural world, she had never felt weak. She always knew how to defend herself when it came to the creatures, and she knew how to defend herself against humans, but this was different. If she ever got too violent with these people, the guards would simply shoot her with a taser, effectively shutting her up.

The screams that seemed to constantly surround the place caused her head to pound, a rhythmic beating coursing through her. Thankfully, neither Hayden or her had been subjected to whatever experiments they were doing. Every time a guard came with a scientist, Hayden would block her body with his ("They weren't after me, Evie. They were after you, I'm not letting you get hurt.") and moving into the corner, trying to make each other as inconspicuous as they could. It seemed to work, the scientist pointing at someone else in a cell away from them. The people who were chosen would always scream, and kick; trying to keep the guards away from them as much as they could. Even as they were dragged out on the metal table, chained down so they couldn't move, Eva could still hear their screams. Every once in a while they would scream particularly loud, making the girl flinch.

Hayden made a loud groan from beside her, he was taking the most of the pain. Everytime a guard tried to grab onto Eva, Hayden would grab her and push her behind him. That didn't make them very happy. They would beat him to an inch of his life, then they would leave. Apparently getting their fill on hurting someone, leaving Eva alone. When Hayden was awake, he would always distract Eva, with Eva trying to get him to laugh. They were the only ones to ever smile, and Eva couldn't really blame anyone for not smiling. If she was here alone, she wouldn't smile either.