xiv. no matter what

fourteen; no matter what

july 29, 2033 )

( july 29, 2033 )

"THEY'RE COMING."

A voice whispered in Evangelina's ear, the words causing fear to course through her. A sudden chill skittered down her spine, a harsh breeze almost knocking her over, as she desperately looked around. 

"Who?" she asked, twisting and turning to search for the voice. Everything was so dark, so cold. There was no light, there was nothing. Evangelina felt the never-ending dread that had plagued her since her childhood. 

Someone was here. 

"Where are you?" her voice echoed, the fear ringing as her words returned to her. "Please, not again. I can't do this again."

"You can, and you will," the voice rang out once more, the haunting words hanging in the air.

Evangelina sobbed, not again. They promised.

"What do you want?" she screamed, "I have done everything you asked of me! I almost died because of you!" 

"We ask nothing of you, child. Heed our warning, or everything you hold dear shall perish."

"What? Who's coming?" Evangelina was growing frantic, "Who's coming? Tell me!" her screams echoed, her screams growing louder and louder until the noise became too much for her to bear. 

She screamed, falling to her knees as darkness once again consumed her.

"EVA! EVANGELINA! WAKE up! It's just a dream!" the shouts of her husband woke her. He was on his knees in their bed beside her. His beautiful blue eyes stared down at her, the panic evident in his eyes.