iv. broken promises

𑁋 trigger warning

depression, starvation, dehardyation, child neglect, mental abuse

four ; broken promises

( june 25 2023 )

EVANGELINA DIDN'T KNOW how long it's been since she moved from her bed. Maybe only a few hours, or. . . days, she guessed, could be possible. The sense of time left her as soon as she lost. . . him. How could everything go so wrong, so fast? It was just supposed to be a normal day, a fun, normal day. They were just supposed to hang out at the barn, maybe swim in the lake, but instead, they were kidnapped and Hay--. . . he lost his life.

Her distant cold green eyes stared up at the white ceiling, unseeing. Her blonde hair was flattened around her head, some of it tangled together, due to her not having brushed it in a while. Hell, she thinks it might even be greasy, she doesn't know. Her clothes -- the ones since the jet, she hasn't changed since she got back home -- were rumpled, and clung to her body. Dried tear tracks laid on her pale cheeks. Her fingernails were at the point of bleeding, having picked at them without even realizing. Her stomach was rumbling from the lack of food -- when was the last time she ate? Or drink? All in all, she was a mess; a mess no one could clean up.

Evangelina laid there, her mind a complete blank, everything was jumbled, as if she couldn't pinpoint one thing from another. She was completely numb, she didn't feel like she was in her own body. It was like she was hovering above herself, just watching everything going on from above. She had never felt like this before, she was always so full of emotion; she remembered H--. . . he would always push her back onto her chair if she was pacing, or rambling a mile a minute. Now, she was empty. No memories, no feelings. She just felt numb.

She didn't feel the tears falling down her cheeks, she didn't feel them until she tasted the salty tears on her lips. Her slim hands started to shake, her body trembling as she quietly sobbed. She was tired, all she wanted to do was sleep, but she couldn't. It was like something was forcing her eyes to be open, even though they were screaming to shut. The overwhelming feeling of guilt -- the one emotion that she could feel -- was like a large ball in the middle of her throat, slowly choking her. Slowly, her eyes fluttered shut, giving a tiny bit of relief. The tears drying on her waterline, crusting over. Her eyes finally shut, her brain powering off. Everything in her body stopped, the only slight movement of her chest going up and down showing that she was still breathing.