xiii. calm before the storm

thirteen ; calm before the storm

( july 24, 2033 )

ALRIGHT, WHAT THE ACTUAL fuck is this? Evangelina thinks to herself as she runs through the HYDRA base, her grip on the two young girls unrelenting

ALRIGHT, WHAT THE ACTUAL fuck is this? Evangelina thinks to herself as she runs through the HYDRA base, her grip on the two young girls unrelenting. The base is going up in flames, one of the fuckers had shot a flammable crate full of god knows what.

She could feel the heat creeping closer to her as she ran, the fire climbing up the walls surrounding her. Her breath came out in short, frantic pants, and her heart was pumping harshly in time with every step.

The girls' whimpers echoed in Evangelina's ears, their grip around her neck tightening with fear. Evangelina runs and runs, and runs.

She turns down a corner, and the quinjet comes into view. The heat from the fire slams into her back, suffocating her.

"Let's go!" Nat yells back at her, her hair whipping around from the wind.

Eva jumps into the quinjet and lets down the girls as soon as she's in. She turns, watching as the warehouse goes up in flames. The last of the HYDRA soldiers run out of the building, their guns poised and aimed at them.

Without thinking, Evangelina swipes her hand through the air, her eyes clouded and a glimmer of violet flitting across them. The guns are yanked from their grasp, and thrown to the floor, crushing under an invisible weight - creating a ball of crushed metal.

"Go, Nat," Eva mutters, focusing on the soldiers before her as they stumble about in search of anything to deter their flight.

The door to the jet closes, and before she knows it, they're off.

"HAVE YOU FOUND their parents?"

"Yes, their mother is on their way," Agent Burrow says, keeping his stride large to keep up with Evangelina Rogers' quick pace. A folder was in his grasp, and his glasses slipped down his nose occasionally.