iii. going back to another hell

𑁋 trigger warning

depression

three ; going back to another

( june 23, 2023 )

EVANGELINA SAT AT the metal table, her green eyes focused on her interlaced hands. Her eyes were dazed and distant, not really looking at anything. She had been like that ever since they got on the quinjet.Her greasy blonde hair hung limply on her shoulders, some of it still sticking to her cheek, from both the dried tears and grease. She sat alone in the closed off room, no one having come in except for the one pirate agent giving her a tuna sandwich, and water. He had tried to talk to her again, but had given up after a while of her not making a sound.

The room was bare except for the two chairs, and metal table. Across from her was a one way mirror, Eva unable to look through, but everyone on the opposite side being able to watch her. It was definitely an interrogation room, one a lot like the ones from a criminal tv show. If it was under normal circumstances, Eva would be laughing. Making some weird joke with Hayden. But it wasn't.

Hayden was dead. Gone, gone, gone.

Dead, dead, dead.

The words resonated through her head, constantly repeating. Keeping her from blocking out everything, keeping from blocking out the pain. The pain was all consuming. The pain that kept flashing images of Hayden and his cloudy eyes. Images of him dying. The guilt kept hitting her in the head. It should've been her. She should've pushed Hayden out of the way, should've taken the bullet herself.

Should've, should've, should've.

She wanted to cry. She wanted to let the tears that kept blocking out her vision go. She wanted to get answers from the pirate guy. She wanted to stop feeling. She wanted to get answers. She wanted to be at the barn with Hayden, watching the sunset, debating if they wanted to get in the cool lake. She wanted him.