vi. their biggest mistake

𑁋 trigger warning

reading suicide note, reaction

six ; their biggest mistake

( august 7 2022 )

WHEN HOPE MIKAELSON walked in her home, after a long day shopping with her aunt, she could just feel something was wrong. It was like the feeling came from deep within her. As if it was an unconscious feeling. There was nothing that she could tell was immediately wrong, it was just something that she knew. And she knew it had something to do with her sister. That didn't help her fear, at all.

As soon as her feet touched the wooden floor of her mansion, she was running up the stairs. Pass her mother, father, aunts, and uncles. She hardly heard her mother shout after her to slow down! Her hand barely grazed the banister as she flew up the stairs. Her green eyes stared at her sister's door, the last obstacle between her sister, and her.

She practically broke the door in her haste, "Evangelina?" she said, slowly creeping into the room. Her eyes scanned around the empty bedroom. Instead of her younger sister laying on the bed -- like she had hoped Eva would be -- it was empty. Eva wasn't here. She had left the mansion.

Usually, it wouldn't have been a big deal, but Hope knew something was wrong. She knew something bad had happened. It was the same feeling that she felt in the Alps. The same feeling of dread, and panic. She didn't understand why. Where was Evangelina, and why isn't she here?

Out of the corner of her eyes she saw a piece of paper on her sister's desk. Slowly, Hope walked over to the desk, the feeling was slowly consuming her. Crawling up her throat and almost making her want to throw up. Her hand gripped onto the paper, her green eyes scanning over the paper quickly. Tears filled her green eyes, caressing down her cheeks as she read the sloppy writing. "No," she whispered. "No."