ix. how

nine ; how

nine ; how

( july 2033 )

"MOM!" HOPE MIKAELSON screams, her green eyes wide and frantic as she ran down the steps of the Abattoir. "Dad!" Her voice was filled with pain, and misery. Her hand clutched onto the rail, keeping herself from falling down. 

How could this happen? Could Evangelina actually be alive? If so, where has she been for last eleven years? Why did she fake her death? Why didn't she come back?

"Hope!" her mom gasped, gripping onto Hope's forearms to keep her still as soon as her feet hit floor. "Why are you yelling? Is everything okay?"

Her entire family stood in front of her, all of them in their pajamas and black bags under their eyes. Hope paid them very little mind though, far to focus on getting her words out. She planted her hands over her mothers arms, clinging onto the woman, "I-I saw her, Mom, I saw her. She's alive."

"Hope, Hope," Hayley says softly, walking backward towards the sofa. Hayley was silently freaking out. She had never seen her daughter like this, she had never reacted like this before, and Hayley didn't know why. What had set her daughter off like this? The last time she saw her even remotely like this was when Evangelina.... Evangelina died.

"Talk to me, hon. What's going on?" She pulls Hope down to sit next to her on the sofa, keeping their arms linked. 

"I saw her, Mom. She's a-alive. A-And sh-e ca-called this man 'dad,'" Hope panted, tears in her eyes, and her chest heaving with each breath. 

"You need to breathe baby," Hayley coaxes, nodding her head reassuringly. "In for four, out for four, okay?" 

Hope shakes her head, "She's alive!"

"You can explain everything to me, but you need to breathe first, alright?"

Hayley looks up briefly at the rest of her family. Klaus stood near the couch, his eyes focused on his daughter. He looked genuinely scared, something that no one would see on the man until their daughters came into the world.