Goodbyes

* the night before Jungkook Goes back to Seoul*

Kim Mi-rae's pov)
Jungkook and I are in his room currently. " are you sure you have everything?" I ask Jungkook. " yeah? I believe so " he says giving me a small smile. " okay, we should probably get some sleep because tomorrow is gonna be a long day for the both of us" I say. He sighs and nods, " I don't want to leave.. I really don't.. these have been the fastest 3 weeks ever, the last 2 weeks that you and I have been friends; have been the best 2 weeks of my life. Thank you Mi-rae" Jungkook says as he gently grabs my shoulder before pulling me into a hug. I hug him back, " I know, I don't want you to leave but we'll see each other soon and we can FaceTime and everything... and I'm so glad I met you, my life has truly changed drastically since you became apart of my life. And I can't thank you enough for what you have done for me" I say, he hugs me back tighter which earns a big smile from me. We pull away from the hug, " you better not replace me" Jungkook says which causes me to cackle. " I could never replace you!! Even if I tried" I say looking at him. " the next couple months are gonna go by so slow" Jungkook says groaning. " yes, but at least it's not 5 years " I say slightly chuckling. Jungkook slowly nods his head.

* the next morning *
" okay, my luggage and carry on is in the car.... am I missing something?" Jungkook asks himself. " yes! You're missing your kiss and blessing!" A voice from behind us says. We turn around and see Halmuhnee standing with her arms crossed, " aishh! Of course I didn't forget about your kiss and blessing Halmuhnee!! I  never do and I never have " he says walking up to her and giving her a big hug and kiss on the cheek. " now you be safe back at home. No more drinking for you" she says, " yes Halmuhnee " Jungkook says while nodding his head. " and you" she says while pointing at me. " me?" I say pointing to myself, " yes you! Don't be a stranger now! I'm a lonely old lady, don't feel scared to stop to chat or drink a cup of tea" she says while hugging me. I chuckle at her as I hug her back, " I'll visit you when I can Halmuhnee. I promise you" I say, " I'm glad to hear that" she says as she lightly pinches my left cheek.

* At the airport *
" so.. I guess this is it... for  now" I say giving him a sad smile. " hey, don't say that.. because I'm gonna cry " Jungkook says lightly chuckling. " I'm gonna miss you Jungkook, but I'm so proud of you and I can't wait to hear all of your stories once you come back or when we FaceTime " I say as I hug him. He hugs me back and says " I'm gonna miss you too Mi-Rae, I'll call as often as I can ". I nod. " Last Call for flight 437 to Seoul Korea " the intercom said. " I've got to go in or else it'll leave without me" Jungkook says, " go" I say while smiling big yet I feel  like I can't breath. " okay" he says, he turns around and scans his ticket. He turns around and looks at me, both of us having tears threatening to spill. He turns back around and continues walking. I take a deep breath. " I-.. mm" I say as I try to shout to Jungkook but nothing come out. " j-Jungkook!" I say loudly. I don't think he heard me... right before they closed the gate, he turns around. I was about to shout something to him, but then BAM the door gets shut closed by two people. I sigh to myself.

I didn't get to tell Jungkook.... and I don't think I'll ever get the change to tell him.

I walk up to the big window to see his plane leave. I feel the knot in my throat become stronger and bigger. I close my eyes and I feel the tears stream down my face. I turn slightly to my right to wipe my tears.

Jungkook's pov)
I walked on the plane, " 17A.. 17A.. 17A" I say to myself. I found my seat and I sit down, thankfully I got the window seat. I look out of the window and I see Kim Mi-Rae standing in the big window watching my plane. " is she.. crying" I whisper to myself. I see her turn around to wipe her tears, she turns back around and I swear she saw me because she started smiling (sadly) while waving. I lift my left hand and waved back. I see her fall to her knees, I gasp and  instantly get up but due to my tallness, I hit my head on the ceiling  above my seat. " Aishh!! fuck" I mumble while rubbing my head. I sit back down and I look at the window where Mi-rae was, but she wasn't there anymore. I pull my phone out and I shoot her a text before I put it on airplane mode.

Me: Thank you for the best week and a half. Thank you for everything. I'll text you once I land in Korea. Get home safely please
Mimi: don't thank me Jungkook, take care and be safe over there. Have a safe flight

Sorry for the late update... I'm in Mexico to be with my grandma but she passed away unexpectedly so it's been a very difficult time. So I apologize 😔