Chapter Three

"It all started 500 years ago, when I fell in love with a girl named Katherine Pierce." I explain, drifting off into memories.

-500 YEARS AGO-

"C'mon, I'll introduce you to my parents

"C'mon, I'll introduce you to my parents." I smile at Katherine.

"I would love to meet Mr and Mrs Bennett." She says.

I grab her hand as we skip away from the field of flowers and back to the village. The field was our favorite spot, and I created it with my magic. We wave to the Mikealson's who live next door. They're always playing something when I walk by. I run into my house, still holding Katherine's hand.

"Mom, Dad?! I want you to meet someone!" I smile at Katherine and we both laugh excitedly.

They look over at us, confused. I was an only-child, so we lived in a small hut where you can see everything from the front entrance.

"Why, hello there." My mother says.

"Hello Ma'am." Katherine responds politely with a grin.

"This is Katherine. And, we're in love!" I say.

I kiss Katherine to make sure my parents aren't confused. I look back to them and they look horrified. Like they've seen a ghost.

"So?" I ask, concerned. "Can she stay for din..." I trail off, worried.

My father walks up to Katherine, examining her. It's kind of creepy. Then out of nowhere he grabs her arm and covers her mouth with his hand. I panic, running after her. My mom stops me, separating the two of us.

"What are you doing?!" I scream, terrified and angry.

"This girl is a bad influence on you Stella." My father says, grabbing his hunting knife.

"Stop, don't hurt her!" I cry, tears already dropping down my cheeks.

My parents did some sort of spell to prevent me from using magic against them, so me and Katherine are defenseless. He holds the knife up to her throat.

"Don't! She makes me happy, don't you want me to be happy?" I say through my tears.

"You can be happy with a man."

My father slips the knife across her throat, and blood comes pouring out. I let out an ear-piercing scream over and over. He drops her and she falls to her knees, choking. I watch as she struggles for breath and dies in pain.

I sob, trying to fight my mom. How could they? My own parents, killed the love of my life!

"You're monsters!" I cry, "both of you!"

I pull out of my mothers grip, standing to face them both.

"I HATE YOU BOTH!"

As soon as I say it my father's face turns into pure anger. He charges at me, grabbing my neck and lifting my feet off of the floor.