Chapter Twenty-Seven

I slam the door to my hotel room shut and my eyes are immediately drawn to the picture of me and Katherine on the nightstand.

Tears flood my eyes as I walk over and pick it up. Perfect, right after I just pulled myself together.

What if I can get her back? Lots of vampires come back right? I just need a witch or something. She's not gone for good- no one ever is in Mystic Falls!

I glance to her daylight right that I keep on my ring finger.

"I'm gonna get you back." I whisper, a silent tear falling down my face. "I promise."

I set the picture down.

Who can help me? I mean I could ask Bonnie but after everything that went down... I don't think that's the best idea.

I need to leave Klaus out of this.

That leaves the Salvatores, but that's if they forgive me.

I killed Elena. Oh my god- they're never going to forgive me!

Well, I need to ask someone for help, so I guess a I'll just hope that they are in a good mood tonight.

— —

I knock on the door of the Salvatore Mansion, nervous and eager at the same time.

Stefan opens the door and once he sees my ruined mascara and guilt-filled eyes, he definitely knows my humanity is back on.

"Stella." He motions me to come in, so I carefully step inside, seeing Damon heading in my direction.

Before I know it, he vamp-speeds and grabs my neck, slamming me against the far wall.

Okay, I deserve it.

"Look who turned her humanity back on."

"Damon, I'm really sorry."

"I've been waiting for you to turn it back in so I can get proper revenge for what you did." He pushes me harder against the wall.

I could easily fight him off, but I think that that would just make things worse.

"Leave her alone, Damon." Stefan says.

He glares at me one last time before letting go. "Fine. Why are you here?"

I swallow. "I need your help getting Katherine back."

Damon scoffs. "What are we going to do?"

"Something!" I shout. "No one is ever really dead when it comes to Mystic Falls. We can get her back. We just need a witch."

"Stella, Katherine got a stake to the heart. There's no getting her back. That's how vampires die. So accept it, and move on."

I swallow back tears. He just doesn't want to help. I turn to Stefan. "Stefan? Please, there has to be something."

Damon groans. "Seriously Stella you can't just bring her back."

I keep my eyes on Stefan, who is walking towards me slowly.

"I hate to say it, but Damon is right." Stefan says gently. "We can't just bring her back. She's gone for good, the sooner you accept that, the less painful this will be."

"So you've never brought someone back from the dead before?"

Stefan pauses and sighs. "Ok, fine, we have."

"See! How did you do it?"

"Bonnie brought Jeremy back with magic before—but there were consequences, Stella."