Chapter Five

Kai drives his car to an airport and we find a small plane, since he can't exactly use vampire speed or flying. Only I have that power.

I get into the pilot's seat and kai sits in co-pilot. He brought a newspaper but fell asleep at soon as he sat down.

I stare at the millions of buttons and controls in front of me having no idea where to start.

"Kai!" I yell to wake him up.

"Hm." he hums, his eyes staying closed.

"How do you start it?"

He doesn't respond. I grab the newspaper on his lap seeing if there was a map or something that could help me. As soon as I bring it off of him he jerks up and snatches it back.

"Don't read that!" He screams, tucking it away.

"What? Why?"

"Just don't. It's mine."

"Fine." I say, curious.

I manage to start the plane, without Kai's help. He should be the one driving, I'm not the one who needs a plane!

I get the plane off the ground and yell, "I did it!"

— —

"Are you sure this is the right hotel?" I say, staring up at it.

We arrived in Rome and had to walk awhile to find a car that Kai could use. He parked it outside of this hotel, claiming that it's a 5 star.

"I'm sure." he answers, walking me to our room.

We walk into the elevator silently waiting for it to get to the thirteenth floor. Kai wanted the highest level for some reason.

"So, you're into girls. Does that mean we don't have a chance?" Kai interrupts the silence.

I laugh. "Wow. You don't hold back."

Kai raised his eyebrows and nods, still waiting for an answer. The elevator reaches floor seven.

"I'm into guys too, but you're not my type."

"No, I'm everyone's type."

"Yeah I bet you get all the girls around here." I laugh, Kai grins.

"Ok fine. You caught me."

The elevator dings and we walk out smiling. He walks me to our room and opens the door as I glide in. He locks the door and looks around. I flop onto the bed, but then realize that it's the only bed in the room.

I clear my throat, getting Kai's attention. "Out of all of the rooms in the hotel, and you choose one with only one bed."

Kai glances around. "Whoops." he says innocently.

I roll my eyes and bite my lip to hide a smile. Could he be any more obvious? I decide not to argue about getting a different room and sit up on the bed, taking off my sweatshirt.

"Whoa there, Stel. We just met."

I roll my eyes and smile. "Very funny." I pull the sheets up to cover myself. "I'm going to bed since I didn't get to sleep on the plane like you." I lay down against the pillow.

"Whoever you wish." Kai says, and the light flickers off."

— —

Dear Diary,

This is new. I've never written in a diary and probably never will if I ever get out of this Prison World. But I need to write down my thoughts before I go crazy. I mean, it is only me and Kai here alone in the entire universe.

Me and Kai have been traveling through Europe for over six months now. Yes, I keep track. It just feels weird if I don't. Anyways, our last stop is Paris. Wish me luck. Kai hits on me every three seconds, and don't get me wrong- I may have developed some feelings over these months together. He's just so easy to talk to and laid back. And not mention- hot.

I should probably stop writing in case Kai sees this. He's sleeping right now. Oh- he's waking up, I can't let him know this diary exists!

-S

— —

"C'mon! It'll be fun!" Kai yells, taking off his t-shirt.

My eyes immediately are drawn to his bare chest and abs. This isn't helping my feelings die down! He strips down to his boxers and jumps into the water, which pulls me out of my trance.

"I don't have a swimsuit!" I yell.

"Either do I, but that didn't stop me."

"But- Fine." I smile, taking off my tank-top to reveal a black lacy bra.

Kai whistles and I roll my eyes, laughing.

I take off my pants and drop my towel, immediately jumping into the water. I sink down and suddenly can't get back up. Water fills my lungs and I panic, clawing for the surface of the water.

"Y/n?"

The voice is faded, sounding like it's from a long distance away.

"Y/n?"

The voice sounds closer and I realize I'm not drowning. I gasp, opening my eyes and coughing.

"Are you okay? What happened?"

"I, I don't know...I thought I was drowning all over again- I- I know how to swim, I taught myself ever since..."

I glance up at Kai, placing my hand on his bare chest and feeling his heartbeat. I notice that he's sitting in the sand and I'm laying in his lap.

"Thank you." I say, closing my eyes and leaning my head back.

"You're ok?"

"Mhm." I stand up and brush some sand off, Kai does the same. "It's just...drowning is how I killed myself, and- I just should never go swimming again.

Kai stares at me with a face of emotion, true understanding. It makes my heart feel warm. I step close to him, so our faces are just inches apart. I stare into his loving eyes as he stares into mine.

How could anyone resist? He kisses me first and I don't hesitate to kiss him back. We continue as I vamp-speed us back to the hotel room, leaving our clothes on the dock. Kai picks me up and I wrap my legs around his waist, kissing him more passionately

He sits on the bed with me still straddling his waist and starts kissing my neck. I tilt my head back and part my lips slightly. I shove his chest down against the bed and kiss up his body to his lips.

— —

I wake up to sunlight and sit up. Kai is still asleep next to me, half under the covers. I quietly tip-toe to the bathroom and stare at myself in the mirror. My dark curly hair is a mess and there are still unhealed hickeys on my neck and chest.

That wasn't supposed to be that good. I just keep getting more and more drawn to Kai Parker.