Chapter Fourteen

"Oh my god! We've been looking for you! How did you escape?" Katherine asks, hugging me.

I pull away, sitting on the bed. "I didn't. Damon didn't tell you?"

Katherine sits next to me. "No. What happened? Why are you crying?"

"Damon showed up and almost killed me."

"What! He didn't tell me about this!"

"Now Stefan hates me and I hate Damon. Great relationship I have with the Salvatores."

Katherine hugs me again and then turns to me, wiping a tear with her thumb.

"They don't matter anymore, okay? I'm here."

I nod, forcing a smile. "Thank you, for everything."

She smiles.

"Do you mind if I sleep here tonight?" I ask.

"Not at all."

— —

-A COUPLE DAYS LATER-

"Ready to go?" Katherine asks me. I finish putting in my earring and nod.

Tonight is the Masquerade Ball. Everyone is going to be there. Klaus, Stefan, Damon, Elena, Caroline, Bonnie- everyone. Me and Katherine are riding there together.

I follow Katherine outside the hotel and see a limo waiting

I follow Katherine outside the hotel and see a limo waiting. Katherine climbs in and I follow after her. She opens the slot that divides the driver and the passenger, and tells him where to take us.

"You didn't have to get us this." I smile.

"I wanted to make you feel special." She smiles back.

"You always do." I turn to her and she turns to me, leaning closer.

"I have to tell you something." She says.

"What?"

Our faces are hardly inches apart and Katherine looks between my lips and my eyes.

"I don't wanna be your friend, I wanna kiss your lips." She says softly.

I look to her lips and then turn my head. "I know..." I turn to face her and bring my hand to her cheek. "But if Klaus ever found out, he'd kill you. And I can't loose you again." I whisper.

Katherine looks down, placing her hand over mine on her cheek.

"But," I say, and she looks up. "There's been a lot of tension between us that I can't ignore."

She smiles and nods slowly, biting her lip.

"And I can admit, I feel the same way about you." I say barley above a whisper.

She moves her hand to my thigh, moving it up until she reaches the hinge of my dress. I watch as she puts two fingers underneath the dress. I move my hand and grab her wrist, turning back to face her.