Chapter Twenty-Two

"What! No!" I say. "Kai will still kill me, he doesn't care about me anymore. So if that's why you were planning to transfer them into me, scratch it."

"We're just going to hope that a part of him deep down still loves you. And then you and the babies can survive." Caroline says.

"They have a better chance of surviving if there's inside of you, Stella." Stefan adds.

"So why is Klaus here."

"To help." Caroline stands up.

"What if I refuse. I don't want kids, and I don't want to carry twins for 9 months or give birth to them!" I yell. "Do you know what you're asking of me right now?!"

"I know it's a lot-" Stefan starts.

"I refuse! You can't make me!"

They stay silent and Klaus smirks.

"No...guys...don't do this." I swallow nervously.

"It's better for everyone, Stella."

"NOT FOR ME!"

"C'mon, Stel. Don't be selfish." Klaus steps in, walking towards me with a smirk.

I have to get out. There's no way they're doing this right now. I can't have kids, Jo's kids! I will just end up dead at Kai's hands.

I vamp-speed to the door but Klaus catches on and grabs me just as I open it.

"Klaus please, I don't want to, I don't WANT TO!" I cry. His grip on my arm tightens.

"Well that's perfect then."

I stare at him in horror but he looks away and starts to pull me with the rest of the group. I guess they were all in on it this whole time.

Damon somehow has Katherine in his grip as well, she must have been vervained.

They take us to an upstairs room that's almost full to the brim with witches. There are two beds and a table with Candles in between. Caroline lays on one bed and Klaus pushes me onto the other.

"Klaus please!" I shout as he pins me onto the bed. "This is too far! There are going to be babies inside of me! Do you get that?!"

Klaus smiles. "They won't be in there for long, since Kai already knows that they're still alive." He leans in close and whispers. "He's coming."

Damon grabs one arm and ties it to a caromed of the bed, doing the same with the other as Klaus helps. I fight and fight, but it's all useless when it comes to Klaus.

"NO! NO LET ME GO!" I scream. "PLEASE DON'T DO THIS TO ME! I CAN'T DO IT!" I stop and shut my eyes.

"Stella!" I hear Katherine cry.

I look up and Klaus is holding her. I mouth to her 'I love you' and she says it back. It's not fair to her either.

The witches start chanting.

And so it begins. There's no stopping it now.

The candles burn stronger and a gust of wind blows around the room. Caroline starts to groan in pain and Stefan holds her hand. I don't feel anything.

Katherine start to yell out in pain and Klaus hold her out in front of him, confused. I close my eyes and wait for the spell to be over.

Finally the wind stops and the room quiets. I open my eyes. I sit up, leaning back on my elbows. Caroline is unconscious, and so is Katherine, Klaus is holding her.

"Oh my god." I say. It hits me. "You- you messed up the spell."

"What do you mean?" Stefan asks.

"The babies- they're in Katherine."