Chapter Twenty-Nine

I wake up on a bed and my eyes adjust to the bright light above me. I quickly sit up and look around. I am in a room with a single bed, a window, and a door without any handle.

What the hell is this place? Why would they want me? I'm nothing special.

I get up and move to the window, smashing it with my fist. It doesn't break. I hit it again- harder, but all it causes is pain in my hand. Out of anger and frustration I hit the glass again and again until blood splatters.

It's no use. This room is clearly designed to keep vampires in.

A girl with dark hair and clothing walks in front of the window, and I cross my arms, glaring.

"Good to see you to." She says, smiling.

You're not funny, bitch.

"Are you going to explain who you are and why the hell you kidnapped me?"

"This is the armory. I'm Alex, and we just need your help with a little issue."

I step closer. "I want to know why I'm here— me specifically."

"You are a Bennett."

"Okay?"

"There is this vault— and a friend of mine has been trapped in there." She says, emotion piling up ain't her voice. "I hear hear calling out to me— asking for my help!"

"How long has she been in there?"

"About 4 years I would say."

I laugh. "Without food or water?"

"She's still alive- I don't know how- but I know she is."

I sit down at the edge of the bed. "She's long gone. So, you don't need me."

"I heard her!" Alex says angrily.

"That's... very weird." I say, truly confused. I don't get how they could hear anyone from in there if it's been closed for so long. Well- whatever they are hearing, it's definitely not human, and definitely not a friend.

"Now all you need to do is let us into your mind, to find a different Bennett— one who actually has magic. Only she can open the vault, since it was spelled shut by a Bennett witch from the past."

"Can't you just do a locator spell or something?" I suggest, sitting crisscross.

"No— the thing is, a former employee here stole a pill that stops us from using magic on Bonnie. The things he doesn't know is that it is also killing her— but that's also why we need to find her quickly."

"Bonnie Bennett? She already hates me!"

"I don't care about your personal problems! All I need you to do is sit there!" Alex claims, and I can sense her impatience. She wants this done. And she wants it done now.

"I don't know... whatever is in there was probably locked up for a reason."

"She is not dangerous. But if you refuse to help, this will become painful."

"Somehow I have a feeling that either way there's gonna be pain."

Alex looks down at her phone and then puts it in her back pocket. "Our witch just told us what she needs done in preparation for the spell."

A worker comes into view in the window and hands Alex two medium sized metal buckets. She thanks him as he leaves and then puts her hand up to a pad near the door. It slides open and she walks in.

I immediately vamp-speed off the bed and straight for her neck. I grab her shoulders and bite down into her neck, hard. I have been starving ever since I got here, so this is a pleasant treat.