Chapter Seven

I open my eyes to a forest and I'm not sure whether that's a good sign or not.

"Holy shit!" Kai yells and I turn to him. "We actually did it!"

"Are you sure? Where are we?" I ask.

"I'm not sure, but there's no eclipse anymore." Kai looks up to the sky.

"We did it?!" I ask excitedly.

"We did it." Kai repeats with a smile.

I run up and jump into Kai's arms, pulling him into a hug.

"C'mon, I wanna show you Mystic Falls!" I say once Kai sets me down.

We walk through the forest until we finally reach the city, seeing people walking around everywhere.

"Home sweet home." I say, but suddenly all I can smell is blood, and it smells good. "And suddenly I'm craving some blood." I admit.

"Can't relate." Kai says, enjoying the view.

I send a fake smile and start to walk. "I'll be right back."

Kai nods and I continue walking until I stop a woman on a sidewalk. I compel her into an isolated alley and sink my teeth into her neck, enjoying the craving I didn't know I had for so long.

Suddenly I feel a hand grip the back of my tank top and pull me away from the woman. Her body drops and my back is pinned against a man's chest, his arm around my neck, trapping me.

"Feeding off of a human already, love?"

I fumble to move off of him but he holds me in place. I grab onto his arm. "Klaus." I say through gritted teeth.

He finally loosens his grip and I spin around, pushing off of his chest to distance myself from him.

"Hello, sweetheart. I see you've escaped that hell."

I smirk. "I wouldn't cal it hell."

"What are you talking about? Why wouldn't you?" Klaus asks.

"Because I was there." Kai walks in from behind Klaus.

I can tell that Klaus' whole mood changes as Kai comes to my side.

"I don't see how that makes things any better for you, Stella." Klaus says, clearly nervous.

"Well, instead of total isolation, I got to have fun. Yes, fun, with Kai."

Keeping my eyes on Klaus I turn my body to Kai and he faces me, putting his hands on my hips. I lean in, glaring at Klaus before closing my eyes and kissing Kai.

I pull away from the kiss and give Kai one last peck before turning back to Klaus with a smile plastered on my face, knowing I've won

"Sorry Klaus, but your plan backfired." I say.