Chapter Eleven

My eyes flutter open and I see I'm laying on the floor of a janitors closet, with my head propped up, on someone's lap. Memories of what happened flood back and so I sit up aggressively, panting.

I turn around and there he is. "Stefan?"

"You're okay, Stella. I got you out of the hallway in time."

"Stefan someone snapped my neck! Did you see who?"

"No, they ran before I could see anything. I was about to chase them but the bell rang and so thought it was best if the students didn't see your dead body in the middle of the hall."

"Thank you." I sigh in relief. "Who knows what would've happened if you weren't there."

"Anytime, Stella. You're okay to go?"

"I'm okay, thanks to you." I smile.

Stefan stands up and puts out his hand, I grab it and he helps me to my feet. I brush off my clothes as he opens the door to the busy hallway.

I walk out, finger brushing my hair and glance around. Everyone was watching us. Some girls turned to whisper and someone takes a photo. Oh I see. It looks like we just has sex in the janitors closet. Oh well, fuck high school.

Stefan presses up behind me and brings his mouth to my ear. "I can already smell the rumors." He whispers, I laugh.

He walks up to Elena and I spot Kai, going over to him.

"Why'd you ditch class? Even Ric was worried about you." Kai asks.

"Someone snapped my neck in the middle of the hallway. Luckily Stefan was there in time." I explain. "Wait- where's Katherine."

"I think she left. She kept complaining about how boring this was."

"I'm not surprised. Maybe we should leave too. Clearly someone tried to kidnap me or hurt me, so I don't wanna stay here." I say.

"Whatever you want, Stel."

— —

I jump onto my hotel bed, sinking into it.

"I'll go get us some food from the lobby, okay? I'll be right back." Kai offers and I nod.

I sit up and catch Klaus in the corner of my eyeing the balcony. I quickly turn in his direction but I'm faced with nothing. Damn he still tortures me while he's dead. Klaus is dead.

I walk out onto the balcony to calm myself of my nerves. See, no one here! I back up inside and close the balcony door.

When I turn around I bump into Klaus' chest. I just touched Klaus Mikealson. Who is supposed to be dead. The shock of seeing him scares my and I jump, about to scream but he muffles it with his hand.

He moves his hand from my mouth to my neck, pinning ne to the wall with an aggressive slam, harder than usual. I let out a whine, gripping onto his wrist with both hands and squeezing my eyes shut.

"It- It can't be you! Kai killed you!" I choke out.

Klaus tightens his grip and I yell out in pain, squeezing his wrist harder.

"Does that clear things up?" Klaus smiles.

"You're supposed to be dead!"

I use both hands to pull his hand off of my neck but he feels it and pushes me further to the wall, trapping me with his body also.

"Yes it's true your little boyfriend tried to kill me." Klaus laughs. "How dumb is he?"

"Why did you wait so long to show yourself?"