Chapter Six

-BACK HOME-

Dear Diary,

Well that vacation was definitely one in a lifetime. Kai, of course, made it worth the difficulties of getting to Europe. We were never bored.

Well if Klaus ever sees this, I have one thing to say: you failed. I'm having fun. So cry about it.

That's all for now,

-Stella

I set the diary in the top drawer of the nightstand next to my bed and hop up. It's dark outside and the moon is shining through the windows. I go to where Kai is in the Kitchen, seeing him reading some recipe book and leaning against the fridge.

"Isn't it weird that I'm having so much fun here, when I was sent to be in misery?" I say with a smile.

"I guess I'm special that way." Kai smiles, looking up to me.

"I guess so..." I kiss him and he sets down his book, kissing me back.

I grab Kai and vamp-speed up to our bedroom. I take off my shirt and Kai kisses my neck.

"I could get used to this." I say, closing my eyes and smiling.

"Me too." Kai says, ripping off my shirt.

— —

-MORNING-

I wake up next to Kai and quietly get out of bed to make some coffee. I look through our clothes scattered across the room and finally find Kai's shirt, putting it on. That's when something catches my eye. The newspaper, in Kai's jeans. The one he's so secretive of. I mean, what could be so bad? Is it wrong to look at it? Oh well.

I quietly pull the newspaper out of his jean pocket and run out into the living room, unfolding it as I sit on the couch.

Family Massacred in Portland

Oh my god! The last names are Parker! As in Kai Parker, the man in the other room. I continue to read, my eyes stinging with tears. He's a murderer! His own family! What kind of-

"Stel? What are you do-" Kai starts, glancing down at the newspaper in my hand.

"Did you murder your entire family?!" I cry, sitting up from the couch and glaring at him angrily.

Kai stares at the newspaper and swallows. "Um, where did you get that?"

"Just answer the fucking question Kai!" I scream, but take a deep breath. "Don't lie to me, I'll know."

"Yes, I- I did." Kai looks at the ground.

I cover my mouth with trembling hands and close my eyes.

"YOU'RE A MONSTER!" I say after a second.

Kai looks up at me. "Don't say that, Stella. I used to be selfish and I was mad at my family. But I've changed! You have to believe me!"

"You have to be some sick monster to kill your own family." I spit. "What kind of person could do that!?" My sadness quickly turns to anger.

"You're in no place to yell at me when you did the same exact thing!" Kai yells, getting angry. "You killed you're parents, who were your only family!" Kai steps closer. "We're more alike than you think."

"We are NOT the same, Kai! I had a valid reason, you didn't! Oh, you were mad at them, hm? How could you not feel the slightest remorse?" I step back. "Maybe I didn't feel anything, but my parents hated me, so I had every right!"

"I didn't feel remorse either because..." Kai takes a deep breath and I wait for him to continue. "...I'm a sociopath."

I stand in shock for a minute. "N-no. You can't be." I suddenly have to rethink everything we've been through. Sociopaths don't have emotions! Including love. "That means you don't even care about me...you never cared about me did you?!" I come to realize.