the anatomy of perfection

i was eight when i first dived head first into the icy water, i sank and sank till my feet finally touched tiled floor of the peacock green pool

i was eight when i first dived head first into the icy water, i sank and sank till my feet finally touched tiled floor of the peacock green pool. the water surged past my mouth, luring me into its deathly embrace. i held my breath as i tried to marvel the malignant beauty of the teal waters. the water then decided it loved me, it pushed my buoyant body upwards till i sprang out towards the glistening sea green surface.

the world then decided a love like ours shouldn't ever be separated, and that marked the beginning of our undying love filled with storms and silence, hatred and obsession.

1. the first step was to the break the bones

they twisted and bent my bones till my body forgot it was supposed to hold rigidity in its lacunae. my body became like pond silk, it learnt to glide across the waves of water. it learnt to never resist to the water, it learnt to let the currents guide its path. my body morphed into liquid, my bones became pliable, my touch became chlorine infested and my veins brimmed with the sapphires.

2. the second step was to control the water

this was the difficult part, the water doesn't like to be restrained or controlled. it likes to make your body sway to the rhythm of its tides and waves. it likes to drag you to its depths and make your heart go into a frenzy. the water hated me when i tried to control it, it kicked and flailed. it left purple bruises on my ankles and wrists, it made me swallow chlorine and lacerated each and every inch of my bronze skin. it cut my veins open and tore open my flesh till crimson didn't spill into its turquoise whirlpools.  

3. the third step was love

i never expected the merciless water to love me, but it did love me. it synergised with my silken bones, it glided past my bruised sun burnt skin, gently caressing it. it propelled me forwards, leaving behind white bubbles of chlorinated pain; till there wasn't gold splashed across my bleached ribs. it whispered to me it loved me. despite the broken bones and bruised lips, it loved me. it hurt me, but it felt like true love.

-

a/n

this is like a dark retelling of my experience with the water, and how it morphed me into loving it rather than hating it <3

i am sorry if it makes zero sense though