the tragedy of love

there is a boy with dying stars in his eyes and catastrophe in his bones

there is a boy with dying stars in his eyes and catastrophe in his bones. he walks at the edge of rugged cliffs, kicking the soil that gave him hell instead of a home. he drinks moonshine under the burnt ochre skies, and throws expletives at the withering sun. he likes to paint his arms in crimson till they drip with rubies. he never listens to my pleas and cries but lets me wrap his bruised arms with bandage.

he tells me about running away to a place where the curse of his homeland is unknown, to a place where no one knows his name. he drags his charred fingers across my flushed cheeks and tells me that he could never love someone like me. he hates the hint of green in my eyes because it reminds him of the mint green tiled floor of his haunted home. he tells me to leave him but when he sees me he can't let go of me. he likes to roam his calloused palms across my body, he devours me like i am the only one. his lips always find their way between my inner thighs, his taffeta touch setting me ablaze. my neck glitters with his amethyst marks, while he strokes my hair and tells me hates me.

he hates me but he loves me. he wants me gone but he can't live without my suffocating touch. there is acid in his veins and malice in his lips. he is the one who'll destroy me. he reeks of blood and tragedy, he says he won't ever love. he has sharp edges and malevolence laced words. he likes to drag blades across his contused skin, but he hates my feather like touch. he wants someone to be his end, but all i am to him is a fool with dusted hope.

he jumps into the storm tossed ocean with its unforgiving waves. i try to run after him, but he is already being swallowed by the hurricanes and the frothed cobalt waters. he screams he loves me, his dying words before being eaten up by the frigid and deadly ocean waves.

-