peach daydreams

her skin was etched with gilded moons covered with whisps of silvered clouds, burning with tangerine hued lust

her skin was etched with gilded moons covered with whisps of silvered clouds, burning with tangerine hued lust. sticky peach juice ran down the angles of her elbows as she curled her lips into a smirk. the taste of her sugary skin and her apricot lips was still fresh on my tongue. the sun shone on her golden locks as she puckered her lips into a rosy smile. i wondered whether the gods got envious of the beauty that lacquered her pearl ribs.

our bodies melted into each other under the silken duvet, her blazing touch setting me on fire. her mouth tasted like sugar syrup cherries and peach daydreams. her lips on mine, her skin tangled between my legs was the only thing i craved for. she used to caress the sharp angles of my clavicles, and asked me if i loved her.

i wanted to tell her i loved her, but i couldn't. my fear of love stemmed from the broken vases and inebriated shouts that came from their dingy room, the memories of shattering glass and their shrieks burned in my brain. i didn't ever have the courage to tell her that i thought love was nothing but a sick disease. a disease that rots you inside out, till you are nothing but a hollow skeleton covered with fermented flesh.

she thought love was sunshine nectar and freshly bloomed roses, she wanted to know if i was hers. each time i responded to her questions with a silent hum a piece of her heart cracked and necrosed. i wanted to hold her in my arms, till she was filled with honeyed nectar and burning moons; but i never did. she left me on a snowy wintery afternoon of december. her gaze icier than the snowflakes falling on her gold hair. her voice was flat and frigid, like she had rehearsed what she would say to me. her footsteps crunched against the freshly fallen snow, and i finally realized how it felt to have your heart broken.

i love you, i love you, i love you, even though love was something i never got to see. i love you.i wanted to scream to her that i loved her; but like the countless things which i was suppose to do, i never did.

-