where does god lie

disclaimer !! this poem in no way means to disrespect any religion or faith

disclaimer !! this poem in no way means to disrespect any religion or faith. this is simply what i believe in and if your opinion differs from my mine its is completely understandable.

we search for god in the abandoned churches with painted renaissance ceilings, in the temples carved from gold,  as if god is confined to their crumbling stone walls. but god lies in the affectionate crescent smiles your mother gives you when she waves you goodbye as you step foot into the dirty yellow school bus. god lies in the women who sacrifice fragments of themselves for you to blossom and grow and break through the stagnant waters of frigid patriarchy. god lies in the girl with the gap tooth smile and frizzy hair who gives you a share of her freshly baked choco-chip cookies. god lies in the boy with the honey eyes and soft voice, which became iron when someone tried to deride you for the things you did but shouldn't have done just because you were a girl.

sometimes god sits in half filled bathtubs of french vanilla scented tepid water drinking rose wine and emptily gazing at the glistening white tiles. god lies in the divine wrath of teenage girls who scream and shout for themselves, their mothers and sisters; till their voice grows hoarse and their pretty mouths turn crimson with spilled blood and broken dreams. god lies in the crooked smiles which fall off opal lips when the sky bleeds into rose gold and lavender sunsets. god lies in the seas of drowning suns which you quash under your bones, just to please the men that have learnt to trample all over you because you're delicate and fragile like bone china and your heart is filled with clement.

i've learnt that god doesn't lie in the confines of cemented walls and dilapidated stone pillars. god lies in the beauty of mankind, in the infinite expanse of the incessant universe; it lies in the fabric of the souls of countless women who bleed themselves dry for other women to run and dream, for them to know that they can hold the galaxies in their hands. god lies in the oceans of quaking stars and milky moons that reside in the lacunae of your bones and you just need to learn to listen to them instead of the bitter and glacial voices of the world.