36. Parents, Pools, and (near) Public Nudity

I will tell you now (if you hadn't guessed from the title) that this is a fairly sexy chapter, but as always any 'action' of that sort is only implied, not described in explicit detail. If you want more you'll have to use your imaginations I'm afraid. E x

DAN

"Dan! You've got a parcel from England!"

Mum's voice cut through the hot dry air as I bounded across the yard and in through the doors to the shade beyond. Strange, I hadn't heard the sounds of a delivery, only the sounds of Dad's old Commodore pulling up to the house. No matter how many times I'd tried to convince him to part with it, I had a feeling man and machine wouldn't be separated until it was time for both to slow down and take it easy

"I told her not to post anything" I yelled "not when I'll be back at Keynes in a few weeks"

"Then I guess she's as stubborn as you are"

"I guess so" I grinned at the thought of us having something else in common. "What the f..."

The 'parcel' turned out to be more of a crate, and it was currently lying in the middle of our hallway.

"Do you know something about this?" I demanded, looking first to Dad, and then back to Mum whose poker face was notoriously terrible. Sure enough she was clearly struggling to maintain a neutral expression. Meanwhile there were some very strange noises emanating from the cardboard.

"DID THAT BOX JUST LAUGH???"

Dad's shoulders shook with silent laughter, Mum looked like she was going to pass out. The box DEFINITELY sniggered.

I looked a little closer, noticing for the first time the slightly dodgy looking stickers and postmarks. It couldn't possibly be...

"I think I'll open it later" I raised my voice a little. Chuckling at the frantic looks being exchanged I turned around and made as if to head back outside before darting back and tipping the suspiciously heavy package onto its side.

"ARGH FUCKING HELL!" The box swore loudly in a familiar English accent.

"So I guess you've already met my girlfriend then"

I grinned broadly, unable to conceal my delight (or my mirth) as I dived into the packaging to retrieve the aforementioned, slightly dishevelled female.

"I thought you weren't supposed to be here for another couple of days!" I exclaimed, "is that why you wouldn't let me book the tickets for you"

"Surprise!" she offered lamely.

"BIG surprise" I agreed. Mindful of my parents' continued presence I settled for a hug and an extremely chaste peck. Pretty restrained I thought, considering we hadn't seen each other for a couple of weeks. "So are you my Christmas present then?" I continued, slipping my arm around her waist and drawing her back into the sunlight. "When did you get here? Where's your luggage? How come you don't look like you've just stepped off a plane?"