3

HAN YURI

the ride on jihoon's rover was a lot more different then what it used to be.

we usually rode on this rover to hang out, shopping or went to the beach. it just felt so different.

but we usually took a subway instead of driving his father's rover.

"where are you taking me ji?" i said as i glanced towards jihoon who was focusing on the road.

"you will see."

a small smile could be seen on his face and it made me quick to blush.

during the ride, i was overthinking. usually when you went out on a date, your partner would usually noticed your outfits by complimenting you.

"you look great tonight, my lady." i said the familiar phrase that i always found in a novel loudly inside my head.

the ride was extremely long but i didn't mind it at all.

as long as jihoon were here.

soon he pulled in and i realised we were in some kind of fancy italian restaurant. all the romantic scenarios from my novels were conquering my whole mind as i waited for jihoon to do the most obvious move which was, opening the car door.

i cleared my throat as jihoon made his way out.

tok, tok, tok

i jolted up after hearing the knocked on the window. there was jihoon, motioning me to came out.

"yah, why aren't you getting off?" i heard him from the outside. i sighed as i felt my cheeks began turning red. that was embarassing, honestly.

i followed him to the door as he talked to the waiters about the reservation.

"waa, it's really nice here! it's my first time dining in an actual italian restaurant!" i sounded excited since i talked in a high-pitch toned.

jihoon would probably noticed that.

"well, you love italian dishes don't you? so i brought you here."

"now, lets look at the menu shall we." jihoon said and handed me the menu. i was actually craving for some italian's food and i was really grateful for jihoon who always prioritize my fav.

"lol, i'm actually craving for a pasta! and i'm glad that you brought me here." i said and jihoon chuckled.

it did feel the same as our usual hangs out as jihoon always joked around and whilst waiting for the food, we played one round of kart-rider.

this was not the date that i dreamed of.

but it was all good, this were our usual self. hanging out and play some games.

i did want jihoon to treat me as a real date that night

but all i felt was, two best friends having a dinner in a fancy italian restaurant with a fancy clothes on.

"he should be here by now." i heard jihoon mumbled. he was probably talking about the waiter. the restaurant was extremely packed.

"park jihoon." i heard a voice called out for jihoon.

"yah what took you so long?" jihoon stood up and fist-bummed the guy who was behind him.

"take a seat." jihoon motioned him to the seat.

no wonder.

at first, i was confused on why did jihoon picked a four-seater table, when there were a couple table.
but when people started to filled in the restaurant, i realised that all the couple's tables were all occupied.

"jihoon, you never mention about having a double date." i said as i smiled looking at the guy who was beside jihoon.

"double date what?" the guy beside jihoon spoke. jihoon chuckled nervously before chugging a cup of water.

"yuri, this is my friend kim junkyu, also majoring in biomedical engineering." we exchanged a handshake. it was a complete silence after the kim junkyu guy walked in and i began playing with my fingers and all i could think of was-

"why aren't jihoon talking and told me his friend's joining? is this even a date?"

"actually, yuri we have something to talk about with you." jihoon started. i nodded as i looked at the two of them who were exchanging looks before looking at me.

"do you want to be his girlfriend?" jihoon said. the moment i met his eyes, i saw the desperation. my heart dropped from the words, but i was utterly confused.

"he meant a pretend girlfriend or a fake girlfriend whatever you wanna put." junkyu said. i couldn't say anything and keep on blinking my eyes. i was lost— especially on the girlfriend part.

"so the thing is, junkyu just broke up with his girlfriend and he still love her." jihoon started. i nodded. "so you want me to be like his rebound?" i said.

"not like that. so we need someone to be junkyu's fake girlfriend for a while just to make his girlf- i mean ex-girlfriend jealous. if its working then the fake relay is also over." jihoon said. i was really disappointed.

why me?

what was the whole point of asking me out?

"i would love if you could help us." jihoon said as he pleaded. "why me jihoon?" i asked and i tried my best to not sound disappointed.

"you are the only girl i know who is majoring in fine arts ! and also his ex-girlfriend. you guys are in the same class. he was dating lee dayoung." jihoon said. i remained silence for a little while before i began to looked and talked again.

"jihoon i mean, if you talk about this or ask me about this beforehand, maybe, just maybe i will consider it you know. this is all too sudden and i don't even know him." i said. jihoon sighed as he mouthed a little sorry.

"hey, im sorry. the day i broke up with dayoung, i ran towards jihoon, crying and asked him for help. he said he will sort this of. he called me two days ago saying that he got a plan. i'm really sorry. i guess i relied too much on jihoon, thats must been tough for him." junkyu stood up as he bowed towards me.

"i'm sorry yuri, both of you guys are my best friends. if you feel like i'm using you or something, i'm really sorry yuri. i would never do that to you. it's just that, junkyu needs help and-"

"i'm in jihoon. and i would never think you are using me or what. you are my best friend, i know you could never." i said as i gave him a smiled to calmed him down from blaming himself.

"thank you so much yuri, sorry for the trouble. junkyu and i owe you so much." jihoon said as he took my hand and held it tightly and carassing it in a way to comfort me.

my heart was beating so fast from the skin contact.

"anything for you ji, and its also temporary right?"