6

HAN YURI—

as impossible as it seems, i really didn't have friends, the closest to me were jisung's friends. at first, everyone thought that jisung and i were the same in socializing. jisung was a born-socializer which i was a total opposite of that.

same goes to jihoon. but he never left me or something just because he kept making new friends every year.

"hey, why aren't you eating?" junkyu whispered. it was really chaotic at junkyu's table. i used to wonder how it feels to sit here, since they were known for being the cafeteria kings with all that loud noise going over there.

"i'm kind of full." i pulled up a smile. i looked around for any sights of jihoon or atleast someone i knew so that i could get out of here.

it was kind of awkward here.

"so yuri tell me," hyunsuk said. i was a bit confused and begged for his pardon, "pardon?" he chuckled before continuing.

"how'd you meet junkyu? first date? first kiss and all that." i showed him an understanding look before averting my gaze to junkyu.

"erm so w-we met at-"

"i hit her up." junkyu answered. i blinked multiple times before realising that he was helping me.

"yo ! been a while since you've been hitting on a girl huh? usually girls would chased after you until you dated one of them." hyunsuk said. i let out a nervous chuckled as junkyu scoffed.

"well, we don't care about that anymore right? you guys look cute together now." hyunsuk said.

he was pretty chill and a fun type of guy but it was really awkward for me to be that hype somehow.

the moment i sat there, i started to miss stray kids and ateez. changbin and wooyoung would always steal some of my food and chan would scold them. hongjoong and chan treated me like their own little sister which was something to be grateful for and the others were really fun to be with.

seungmin was kind of my best friend too, but not a closed as i was with jihoon. we talked about things and real stuff.

"you did great today ! see how pissed she looks? damn i've never seen her that pissed off." junkyu said as he patted my back. i tried to pulled out a smile.

"why do i feel like a tool?" i muttered. junkyu insisted to take me home so that we could talk along the way from college to my house.

"so any plans this weekend?" he asked. i shrugged, "probably just gonna stay in bed, reading novels and stuff.." i answered.

i did get comfortable with junkyu but there were also times when we were would prefer silences.

"anyway i was thinking...should i write you notes everyday? like a little note..." junkyu suggested. i hummed, thinking.

"you know, just like what pk did to lj." junkyu said. i let out a chuckled as i turned my attention towards him. "you watched it?"

"yea, i finished all of it in one day. since you've been talking about how similar it is too us. but pk never got back with gen tho, i hope ours would be the opposite. i still want dayoung."

"wow, your obsessions for her." i said in disbelief. he pouted before looking at me, "that's not obsessions ! that's love." he insisted.

"just to let you know that obsessions isn't love." i teased.

the ride was smooth with us joking around that i didn't realised we arrived.

"thanks jun for the ride." i said ready to went out. before i could, junkyu's hand clasped on my wrist.

"see you tomorrow, love." junkyu said, smiling.

my heart skipped a beat but it didn't gave me any butterflies tho.

"ew, what was that?" i said as i gave him a disgusted look. "uh- nickname? i used to call dayoung that." junkyu said.

i sighed as i went out of his car.

"well, i'm not her so yuri is fine. thanks, and see you tomorrow." i said before shutting the door.

i smiled as i realised, again that junkyu was kind of fun to be around. i was about to entered my house when i turned around, glancing at jihoon's house.

"his bedroom's light are off and the car is not here..." jihoon was still out even after school? he was getting busier and busier after days— he would reply to my text asking him to hangout around midnights but i never asked him why was he so busy?

i checked my phone for any replies from him since i texted him, asking his whereabouts.

"i miss you." i said before tearing my gaze away from his house.

as i went in, i saw yoora relaxing on the couch. to be honest, i've been avoiding her since yesterday to avoid questions about my date and stuff.

i didn't want her to know. i could lie to the world but not her.

i've warned jisung not to brought this up and he agreed, but of course i treated him so that he could shut his mouth.

i took a depth breath before taking my phone out and closed the door, making it beeped signalling that someone came in.

"aye yuri, how's school-"

"ah yes yes, when tomorrow? i think i could make it. yes, okay." i prentended that i was occupied on the phone as i walked passed yoora and went inside my room real quick.

"i'm sorry yoora. i really do."