32

KIM JUNKYU—

"sure, if you need help with daejin do call me." i hung up on dayoung and threw my phone beside me. i stared at the ceiling thinking about all the crazy stuff that happened after my break up with dayoung.

i guess i was immature— fake dating and stuff when i should've known better that dayoung was tired of being in a relationship. she left me for another guy and they didn't last that long— i know dayoung and what she needed was not attention, even if she said she craved it and that was the reason why we went separated ways buy what she actually need was a time with herself. she was someone who healed herself in her own way— i think our break up was for the best. she was a great partner, i could say but sometimes, someone's just better be alone right?

"hyung, where did you put the extra towel?" yedam said and i looked at him who was standing at my bathroom door.

i forgot he was here. his studio was currently renovating and knowing yedam who could never live a day without making music, he crashed my place.

"why do you look so depress all of a sudden?" yedam asked and hummed to a really sweet melody right after.

"just because," i replied and yedam nodded, knowing that i didn't want to talk about it. yedam was a good listener— other than jihoon, he was also my go-to and i could say he knew me very well.

"it's been so long since i saw yuri noona, things okay between you two?" yedam asked as he looked at the picture of me and yuri— it was our first polaroid, taken by jeongwoo during a hang out. we looked more than just a friend in the polaroid— it was hard for me to admit but we really looked great together.

"we are okay." i replied shortly and yedam sighed, before fully facing me as he also turned of the monitor infront of him— he was damn serious.

"hyung you know that i know you well right? either tell me the truth or i dig you out of it." yedam said and i gave up, because i know he could figure me out easier than a math problem because for him i ain't that difficult.

"what do you want to know?"
"the truth,"
"about what?"
"you and yuri noona, i want to know how did you guys ended up in this pretending shit."

there. i looked up to yedam— not that suprised because he was a genius and there might be something that he found odd between me and yuri, i guess that was how he found out but seriously i was not suprise because it was yedam.

"spilling session?" i said and yedam nodded. "wait let me get us coffee,"

"that was epic. but i found out when i over heard yuri noona and jihoon hyung, i didn't mean to eavesdrop but they were having a fight so.." yedam said and my eyes widened.

"yuri and jihoon were having a fight? when was that?" yedam stared at me for a second, "i think it was the day when you guys came out dating each other..."

flashbacks :

yedam went out of the library after reading his fifth book of the day. well, he was the only one who majored in english out of all his friends, he gotta work hard.

"how's thing with junkyu? are you guys getting along?" my ears perked up after hearing some familiar voices.

"jihoon hyung?" i looked to my right, at where the university garden was and there i saw him along with yuri noona, his best friend, apart from us of course.

"junkyu's a fun guy."

"knowing jihoon hyung, he must be the one who set up yuri and junkyu hyung." i said to myself. as i wanted to take my leave, i heard a really loud voice coming from the two.

"how am i supposed to feel fine jihoon? when i don't even want to do this at the first place?" i began walking back to where they were and i saw another side of yuri that i never saw— her shouting right infront of jihoon's face.

"i'm jusy trying to help you make your moves faster to that this thing will end quickly-"

"jihoon i have my own limit so don't pressure me. i'm kind and good enough to do this for the sake of you. i don't even know who junkyu is at the first place! all this fake dating thingy i do it all for you, please know that. so don't ever treat me like i was some garbage to you. how am i supposed to kiss someone i don't love, holding someone i don't even know. but i did it all for you jihoon,"

i gasped a little as i felt like i shouldn't be there, hearing them. was what all with the fake dating? so yuri and junkyu hyung were just pretending? i slowly walked away with my mind full of confusions.

"yuri said that?" junkyu said and yedam nodded. junkyu looked down on his fingers and chuckled in disbelief. "i'm stupid. i was so blinded by my own desire that....that i don't realised that i'm selfish. yuri was never okay with all the things we did in the first place."

"yuri could've used all the time on jihoon, which was all she ever wanted but because of me, she lose him."

"i-i just ruined her,"
"hyung don't say that."

i got up from my bed and put on my hoodie quickly.

"where are you going?" yedam asked as i looked at him right straight on the eyes. "to make things right,"

"hyung...this is not your fault." that was the last thing i heard from yedam before i left the room.