Chapter 9

I gag as I walk on the bus. I tried to hold it in, but today I just couldn't. The smell was an indescribable thing that immediately triggered my gag reflex and made me scurry to the back of the bus, so I could huddle myself in my own scent to relieve myself from the oder. Resisting gagging again as a child coughs, if I had to describe the smell, it was as if everyone had vomited a thousand different types of cough drops, the bad tasting kind. Mix in the smell of urine, bad breath, and body oder you've hit the nail on the head!

Enduring the bus ride, which seems to take forever as some people miss, or we have to wait for those who decide to walk at a snails pace, I quickly get off as soon as the door opens, releasing the high school students.

Walking in I notice that the schools a little emptier than usual, and brush it off. It was over halfway through the school year anyways. It was probably a skip-day I was too blatantly oblivious to care about.

Collecting my stuff, each class I went to a large amount if people were gone. Sitting in back of each room, I idly counted the absences, before slowly recalling names.

All day I counted, recalled, then recounted. I didn't get any homework done, or learn much of anything, but the fact that a lot of people weren't here for no apparent reason. I even got up the courage to ask the teacher of there was something going on today. She just cocked her head to the side and muttered

"What are you talking about?"

No one seemed too terribly worried about the missing students, but I was. There was something going on that I didn't trust at all. Sighing heavily as I sat in art class, I was sketching a picture of what seemed a desk surrounded by other empty ones. There no one in the desk though. So I guess I was just sketching empty desks.

Nearly falling asleep the bell rang, and I was freed. Walking down the hallway, I was startled as my arm was grabbed, and I was pulled around the corner to meet bright red eyes.

I could feel the fear in my expression, before quickly wiping it off and jutting out my jaw. The laugh he sent in my direction sent shivers up my spine. The way he held me against his body, with a hand clamped over my mouth made me debate screaming rape and dashing away.

The bell rang, signaling the start of my last class. It was a real shame that I wasn't in the class! Releasing me once the bell had rang, my expression consisted of exasperated fear.

"What are you doing!" I squeaked exasperated. He only gave me an amused look, crimson eyes glinting as he watched his prey. Resisting the urge to shove him, I huffed and turned around.

"I'm going to class."

"No you're not."

"Says who!"

"Says me. Now hold your horses and stay here for a second."

I just huffed again and stayed, waiting impatiently for Gilbert to tell me why he wants me to stay.

"Have you heard from Francis?" He questioned it quietly, but stared at me with a frown. I only blinked in surprise, startled by such a ridiculous question.

"No, of course not!" I replied, voice meek and quiet as always, almost as if it didn't know another way to sound.

"Well, you're going to do me a favor!"

"Why should I?"

I hated the fact, but fear filled me as he glared at me. Trying to knock the adrenaline from my veins, I look down and nodded.

"Okay...." I muttered softy and watched him smirk and sit.

"That's what I thought. Now I want you to find out where Francis is."

Blinking I wondered what he meant. About to ask what happened, I shut my mouth and nodded along like I had a clue on what he was talking about.

Too bad for me he read through my expression easily. Laughing, I winced at the sound wondering how he was going to react.

"You have no clue what's going on! I knew you were a loser, but to this level!" Waving a hand in dismissal he muttered "Anyway, once you find it out here's my number."

I watched horrified as he scrawled the numbers across my hand. Clenching my jaw and looking up to yell at him.

He was already gone.

Cursing softly to myself I sighed and made my way to my next class. I had no clue what was going on, but he was right. I didn't have the slightest idea as to what happened. That didn't mean I wasn't going to try to find out.