Chapter 17

I sighed as I watched Gilbert stroll back into my room. Rubbing the back of my neck I felt self conscious as he looked over what I was wearing. Gilbert didn't seem to care or notice as he chirped, "Perfect!"

"So what are we doing?" I asked meekly looking down with a sigh.

"We going painting!"

"Painting?"

"Painting!"
______________

"Gilbert this is vandalism!" I squeak nervously as he shrugged and put on a pair of rubber gloves. Staring at him with my mouth agape, he walked over and shut it for me before patting my cheek.

"Don't get your panties in a twist shortie." Gilbert said with a grin, before the hand that lingered on my cheek dropped away. "Here, is our canvas!"

"Gilbert, this is our school parking lot!"

Watching as my albino friend walked up to me and wiggled a finger, he leaned over and whispered into my ear "No, Matthew, this is our canvas!"

Backing away and rubbing my ear with a grumble, I sighed.

"Okay, why are we painting our school?!"

"You mean our canvas, good question! I made a pact with Francis and Antonio that on our last day of school that we would paint the school. They aren't with us, so I was going to do it alone, but I have you.." Smiling softly at me I sighed and glanced around. "What about the cameras?"

"They get shut off for an hour and a half to save energy, thank my kiss ass brother for this info, so we have about an hour and twenty minutes to do this." Gilbert said shifting in his car and grabbing out the paints. "Here."

I blinked and took a bucket, watching as he smirked and dumped his own on the pavement, the green paint splattering everywhere. Frozen, I stared and watched him roll his eyes.

"Don't be such a tight ass Mattie!"

Pausing at the nickname I stared at him before sighing and rolling my eyes. "This is illegal!" My voice was strained with anger, I didn't want to get caught for some crazy Gilbert plan. I still had to graduate.

"Come on!" He urged, annoyance in his voice.

"No!" I just about shouted back, I would've screamed if I wasn't afraid of being caught. That's when the paint splattered on my shirt, and I understood why some people commit aggravated assault. Eyebrow twitching I grit my teeth and crossed my arms. I was going to stand my ground. I'm not some pushover Gilbert.

"There won't be any evidence." Gilbert said softly, hands in the air as I glared at him. He turned and kicked an orange paint can, watching as the new color spread across the parking lot and mixed with the green. He turned to me with a bright smile and said "Oops! An accident."

"Fine." I grumbled crouching down and grabbing another bucket. Yes, the fact I wanted to stand my ground disappeared quickly. I just didn't want to be stuck with Gilbert being annoying at me for what would probably last the rest of my life. "What do I do?"

"Whatever you feel like." Gilbert said with a grin grabbing spray paints and a cloth. "The buckets are yours. I have the cans." Watching him shake and start to spray something, I picked up another bucket and splattered paint, finding the bag of brushes I began to start mixing some colors, creating designs.

My heart was beating as a small smile entered my face. It was all so beautiful. It made me feel so.... free. My adrenaline was pumping, and the feeling was addicting. I suddenly was more worried about what was happening on the pavement in front of me then the chance of the police showing up.