Chapter 2

I woke to the shuffling and grumbling sounds of my Father as he moved around the house. My heart already raced with adrenaline as I turned to my alarm clock. Shaky hands quickly turned off the sound of any alarms that would make him irritated and I tried to calm my panicked breathing down. Knowing I was safe so far my brain goes into overdrive, thinking of what I should do next.

The grumbling indicates he's in a bad mood, the shuffling that he woke up not to long ago.....

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Oh no.

I feel the blood drain out of my face so fast it leaves a tingling sensation. My eyes widen and I fumble with the buttons on the alarm which was still blaring loudly. How could have I turned it all the way up instead of down?

Managing to turn it off I hear angry stomping, and panic fills me. It had been a nice month so far, but my break was over because a stupid mistake.

Why didn't I just not mess up? Why didn't I just disappear like he wanted? Now he is coming up to my room and it's my fault again.

I knew hiding would be no good, he'd only find me and increase the size of my punishment. Just like that my bedroom door swung open, clattering against the wall loudly as I stared wide eyed. My body was already shaking in anticipation of the pain I'm about to receive.

"You GET THE HELL out of YOUR ROOM THIS INSTANT!"

His voice was deep and angry, some letters slurred. He had already gone for the alcohol and it was only six in the morning. It made me wonder how long he was actually awake, or if he was still drunk from the previous evening. Maybe even both.

My brain didn't comprehend the command as fast as he desired because before I knew it, he lumbered in and grabbed me by my shirt collar.

"You ungrateful piece of shit, hasn't anyone told you to respect your elders? I don't see why I didn't get your brother! All you do is lay around and beg for my money! And why the hell did you set that fucking alarm to blare so damn loud? What if I was sleeping you stupid piece of shit! I swear that your dumb ass likes when I beat some goddamn sense into you."

Carrying me out of my room, with a flick of a wrist he had me tumbling down the stairs. I tuck my chin in, and cover my head with my arms. Every place that hits the steps causes pain to rocket through my body. I stop when my back slams sorely into the endtable only a few feet away from the staircase, a yelp of pain escaping me.

My pain only makes him angrier, I try to keep myself from tensing up knowing that will make my nerves more alert causing more pain than needed. He finds it frustrating when I make too much noise. I think he hates my noises of pain because without them he can deny that he's actually hurting me. He looks at me as if I'm a pile of garbage, and scowls. That's when I realized I had started crying.

"You weak bastard, I'm ashamed to call YOU my son. Why haven't you died yet, you goddamn liability? STAND THE FUCK UP!"

My legs shake as I grip the endtable and try to haul myself up. Attempting to keep the look of pain off my face, I grit my teeth as my new injuries groan in protest. When I get up I'm leaning heavily on the small table, and he stares at me in anger.

Without warning I'm pushed sending the backs of my knees crashing roughly against the endtable making it dig in. He pushes me again, and I land onto the couch. Turning me on my stomach, he lifts up my shirt and takes off his belt.

TWACK

The metal part of the belt makes contact with my back, and a scream of pain releases from my throat. The skin is warm and raw with pain. It stings like a hot knife slashed my back and alcohol was poured into the wound.