Chapter 3

When I woke up the next morning, I made sure my alarm was off before getting up. My back groaned and protested, hot pain spiraling through my spine, and blurring my vision more than normal. Evening out my breathing, I practically crawled over to the chest that held the medical supplies. Taking the pain killers I hate how it always hurt worse the next day. Laying back I waited for them to kick in and sighed when the pain slowly inked away.

Tip toeing around I slowly got ready for school. Stepping onto another bus ride from hell, I rested my head against the window trying to get rid of a small headache that formed from he noise, and Alfred's Axe. Relief filled me as I stepped off of the bus, the sound disappearing with the small headache.

Walking into school I was met with a completely different type of headache that was harder to get rid of. Simply just trying to get to my locker I was stopped by a duo.

Francis smirked examining me, as Antonio bounded up waving happily. Do you remember when I mentioned that Antonio had a thing for an angry Italian, and Francis a hot tempered Brit? Both are guys, and well there was something I forgot to tell you.

To make it clear and simple, our school was extremely homophobic. It was odd since most I knew had a crush on someone the same gender, but then again I didn't know many people.

Everyone kept their opinions on the opposite gender to themselves, and that was the way it worked. If you let it slip that you even thought slightly homosexual thoughts, inevitable bullying was your future. There was even a case of someone nearly beaten to death for being gay.

It makes me sad to think people could be so hard headed about something that they'd consider killing someone so ruthlessly. In my opinion they should just be excepting and understanding. Especially in an age where gay marriage is being approved.

"Hola! How are you today!?" Antonio asked me excitedly. So excitedly that I had to blink a few times to recover from the unusual burst of energy and contact that I was receiving this morning.

"U-uh, I'm good, th-thank you. How are you?" I reply back softly the two making me a bit nervous. People don't usually talk to me, especially two people who are so much higher in the popularity status. Yesterday was just an exception due to the fact that Gilbert was friends with them, and seemed to love bugging me.

"Oh! I'm good too! Thanks for asking! Do you wanna be our friend!"

My eyes widened at the question, before I held back a laugh seeing Francis smack Antonio on the back of the head.

"Don't just ask like that!" He hissed as Antonio rubbed the back of his head sorely. Turning to me, he gave a charming smile and asked "Would you mind having lunch with us again?"

I stared at him confused wondering what was bringing on this sudden friendliness. Sure, this happened yesterday, but once again that was under different circumstances. Remembering who they were with yesterday I felt my eyes narrow.

"When you say us, do you mean-"

"Of course! Gilbert, Toni, and I! See you at lunch!" Francis exclaimed, then rushed away with Antonio before I could even consider rejecting them.

Sighing I grabbed the items for my first three classes and trudged off to French, still in wonder of why the newfound friendliness.

__________________________

Forgetting about my new study hall buddy, I was surprised when I walked in to hear:

"YO! SHORTIE COME SIT BY ME!"

I knew the owner of the voice as soon as I heard it, and felt people stare at me as I walked begrudgingly over to him and sat down.

And, for it to be thrown out there, I'm not short! I just slouch, and that makes me shorter than I actually am! When I stand at full height, I'm actually taller than him.