Chapter 28

What did you expect? You read the preface, you saw the summary. You think one day I simply decided my life was too perfect.

You know what would be great? Becoming an alcoholic! I know what I'm doing today!

I told you the story was boring. It's just plain cruel in all reality. The way we played with each others emotions. One moment we are gay, the next it's not true. All anybody wants was for us to be happy together.

All I wanted was for us to be happy together.....

Then I got the call, and then I found out what was actually happening.
__________________________________

I slapped myself mentally, remembering everything. The girl Gilbert was making out with on the couch? The way he always seemed eager at moments to do things in public, but gave the cold shoulder when he wasn't comfortable.

Taking a deep breath, I closed my eyes. I should be screaming, furious. I should be sobbing, heartbroken. I was just numb. Halfway not surprised. It was me we are talking about. Matthew Williams, professional fuck up.

My hands felt numb as I grabbed the phone and dialed Gilbert's number. It was time to get answers. My emotions practically didn't exist at this point as he answered with a chirpy, yet worried hello.

"Meet me at my house."

I didn't waste time with goodbyes, or saying anything else irrelevant. I just wanted to get this over with. Wallow in my sadness and spend the rest of my days sleeping off what you could consider a pretty bad breakup.

He knew better. He didnt call back, and within ten minutes there was a knock.

Kuma barked, and I answered the door, looking at the albino. He smiled, large. Gilbert knew something was horribly wrong but couldn't think of what.

I just stared, my heart squeezing and then painfully tearing itself apart. Tears sprang in my eyes as I threw the envelope at him. He seemed startled, but caught it. Staring at me with wide eyes, Gilbert slowly opened he letter.

I clenched my teeth, wiping my eyes as I stared at his face.

Panic, sadness, anger, disappoint, sympathy. Those are what passed through his eyes before he looked back up at me.

"We'll find this person Birdie. We'll make them pay, I swear."

I clenched my teeth, shoving him back and watching as he stumbled, surprised.

"Bullshit."

"Wha?"

"You know who sent this letter Gilbert. And so do I. I am staring at him."

The tears came down faster as the anger rippled through me again. I was usually so good at containing my emotions, but this was too much.

"You think this is some fucking joke, huh? Do you understand how patient I've been with you. Listening to all your Bullshit complaining. Helping you with all your Bullshit problems. Actually thinking you loved me!"

Gilbert sat back, his breathing picking up as he looked around. Not sure how to react to my anger, he got angry too.

"What are you even saying. Who told you I wrote that? Why the fuck would you even believe them?! Are you that fucking stupid? Do you not trust me that much?"

"Stop playing the victim you ignorant twat!" I screamed this. I actually screamed.

He seemed frightened; hell I scared myself. My never rose from the timid softness, and now...