Chapter 18

My heart froze as I stared at the paper on my table.

Oh no.

Oh Hell no.

I was going to kill him.

I wasn't staring at some lame article in the front of the news paper, no.

I was friggen staring at our vandalization of our school parking lot.

And just on cue there was a knock on my front door.

Laughing slightly I grabbed the newspaper, walking (or stomping) over to the door. Clutching the paper tightly in my hand the door swung open and an excited grin was presented in front of me.

The grin quickly disappeared when I started hitting him over the head with the newspaper.

"Ow, ow, Mattie! Ow. Stop!" Gilbert squawked as he grabbed my wrist stopping the attacks and stared at me with wide eyes. "Umm.... What the Hell?"

Gritting my teeth I opened the newspaper and showed him it, growling as his eyes widened and he laughed.

"You're seriously freaking out over this? Come on Mattie! You're better than that!" Watching as he looked down at my face, which to me felt like it was in a state of pure unadulterated anger, and sighed he softly muttered "You don't need to worry they'll never find us! Stop looking like you're going to cry. It makes me uncomfortable."

Blinking I sighed and turned around, stomping into the kitchen and flopping in a chair with a huff. "Yeah, whatever." I grumble quietly, quickly hiding my face in the newspaper in embarrassment. "I don't do stuff like that for a reason."

"Oh come on, don't hide your face! I like to see it!" Lowering the paper to glare at him, I sigh. I couldn't just.... not smile at his stupid face.

"Why are you here? You know I work in an hour." I mumbled setting the paper down and crossing my arms, looking more at the table than his face so I wouldn't smile.

"I got a lead on Anton." He chirped happily, practically bouncing in his seat as he looked at me.

"Antonio? Really?" I question, perking up slightly in my seat. I was dumbfounded, no one I asked knew where he was. It was like he disappeared. Staring at Gilbert, he grinned.

"He didn't forget the vow."

"Oh.... OH." My eyes widened and I stared at him as he took a newspaper from his pocket and threw it to me. Feeling it hit my chest I open it and looked at the front cover with a grin. "When are we going to see him?" I asked, unable to doing anything but smile. I wasn't sure why this made me so happy, maybe it was Gilbert's excitement rubbing off on me.

"When do you get off of work?" Gilbert asked, leaning forward as I leaned back and placed the paper on the table.

"Oh, I work till closing so not till one in the morning." I mutter under my breath almost apologetically.

"Damn, do you work the next day?"

"No, I have off."

Watching as he jumped slightly and thrust his fist in the air, he pointed at me and chirped "That's when we'll do it!"

"Alright, but I'm not driving again." I grumble, glancing at the clock and seeing I had to leave soon.

"Alright!" He chirped watching as I pushed the chair back and stood to leave. "Where are you going?"

"Haven't you heard 'time flies by when you're having fun'? I have to work." Rolling my eyes at him, he crossed his arms.

"Okay then. I'll drive you to work."