II: New day

It had been several days and nights that the testing with SCP-1471 had begun, but all ending with barely any progress. The worst part being that most subjects would be too terrified to continue.

They would be put down, knocked out, or escorted back to their cell, but every single person who encountered this entity was driven to complete madness. Some even chose suicide as few were found dead in their rooms, being they banged their heads against the wall, which was pretty obvious considering the blood dripping from the wall, or found some other way to do it.

Whether their deaths were caused by the SCP itself they had no idea, but they did know it was the reason for it. There was no sign that any strange anomaly would've laid its hands against them on their bodies.

It was in the middle the day as Dr. Clark sat in his office, pondering what to do next. Until another scientist came in with papers in hand.

Dr. Clark: Any new information on the anomaly?

The Scientist looks over paper after paper without being able to find an answer to his question.

Scientist: Umm... n-no sir.

Dr. Clark: *Sigh*... What information do we have on it by far?

Scientist: Uhh... looks to be described as an animal, but they appear to wear a ragged robe, with black to a very dark shade of gray.

Dr. Clark: Hmm... what about the way it works?

Scientist: Our research claims that the entity only begins its approach on the victim when they download an anonymous app. Everyone who's gone in has either been terrified or killed themselves.

Dr. Clark: Suicide attempts... were they trying to escape it?

Scientist: The only known information we could get before some took their lives were... "I can see it. It's just standing there... watching me. I can see it in every reflection." And some even saying that they could feel a hand touching them even though nobody else was there.

Dr. Clark: I see. So whoever has had possession of a phone with the similar app has been seeing that creature.

Scientist: Sure seems that way.

Dr. Clark then begins scouring the papers on his desk that told of the anomaly.

Dr. Clark: How did we first gain possession of SCP-1471?

Scientist: Researchers say that a phone was found in someone's apartment. Police were at the scene due to calls of the owner acting up, causing ruckus about a ghost. They were taken away and the phone remained in their apartment on a table, still on, but it's screen was mangled and glitches without a crack or a dent on it. That's when we decided to bring it here.

Dr. Clark continued to look through papers about it but to his misfortune, there was still nothing to go about on.

Scientist: For all we know this creature takes its form through a Phones camera, and if the process continues long enough, they begin to see it in real life.

Dr. Clark: We need more research. Send in another.

Scientist: Who's next on the list for testing?

Dr. Clark hands him a paper from his desk that shown a list of names, crossed out for the ones who were already in. And listing the ones who are deceased and insane.

The scientist looked towards the bottom of the list and knew who it was who was next.

Scientist: Y/n.