VII: Shriek of a beast

*Y/n's pov*

Setting foot in the chamber may have been one of the worst mistakes I've ever made. But, whatever the foundation wants, they'll always get it.

I mean for a lady with a body like that is something no man on earth can deny, but luckily for me I know better than most. Mainly not my choice to know so much.

Y/n: You could've just gotten a female to do this job you know...

Scientist: Yes, well, it's all for the sake of research.

Y/n: *Whisper* And apparently my life as well.

I couldn't imagine myself having to take another step closer. I was just stuck in place trying to ponder what I would do in this situation. One wrong move and this woman would make sure it would be my last.

I would say this is terrifying to witness, that of which it is, but I can't stop thinking of something else in this room.

Anomaly: You appear to... be... stressed.

Yep. This isn't helping me at all. I maneuvered my first step ahead of me by a short distance as I laid it down like I was tip toeing my way over. I had to try and find some way to get this done.

The water nymph stayed in its same position, standing on the water with her arms crossed and giving me glares of pure hate. I wouldn't blame her.

Anomaly: What... are you going... to... do?

Y/n: *Whisper* Heck if I know?

The anomaly was walking around the room without a care in the world. Makes sense for her to do whatever since I seem to be the only person who can see her. I could see as she stared at me from time to time.

The water nymph did not avert her eyes from me as expressions of disgust were clearly visible on her face. She didn't always hate everybody though. It was the foundation that changed the way she saw men.

Villainous lustful beasts she thinks of all men. Could I say she was wrong? That might as well be the description of... well, everyone in the foundation.

Y/n: Hello...

I raised my hand up to the height of being by my shoulder as I weakly and nervously waved, trying to act gently towards her.

This didn't change her thoughts on my presence being here, but she didn't show any signs of hostility besides her face. She began moving her head as I assume she was examining if I had anything on me and if anything was in the room.

I could tell she had noticed a rectangular shape almost invisible to see without seeing the outlines of it in my suit pocket. It was the phone.

She angrily began to growl in a way like an animal, but she speaks and sounds just like any human.

Y/n: What?

The water nymph stares at me as if I've done something. I of course just did nothing, but her actions told me otherwise. It's gotta be the phone, of COURSE it has to be the phone.

Being the awkward frightened person I am I scrambled my hands all across my waist and thigh area to try and grab the phone in a rush. I grab the phone and whip it out fast for all to see.

Anomaly: Y/n? What... are you... doing?

Y/n: *Whisper* Now is not the time.

The water nymph tilts her head from side to side as I am sure she was inspecting the device. With a hint of grump behavior she motioned with her hand to signal that she wanted me to toss it away.